Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Update on my hack...
I try so far, reinstall the OS Monterey 12.4 with OC 0.7.8 and remove all USB attached the computer except for the NZXT hub USB connected on one of the USB2 ports.
Sleeping is eventually happening but when wakeup the mouse (BT) behavior is not normal and after sometime freezes or just doesn't wakes and restart by itself. Also the connection on USB's ports (back) are not all working with my HD's (Lacie and G-technology USB 3). When they are connect after system wakes several errors message about incorrect disconnection.
On sound part all ok, except for the Headphone output on front panel.
Now I update to OC 0.8.2 and behavior is exactly the same.
I have check BIOS ( all as per the guide), OC configurator as per guide....So what else should I look for?

Thank you for all help

Thanks.
Broadcom OXWIFI for WiFI/BT.
I disconnect all USBs and looks like sleep behavior is normal.
I have connected via USBs, Logitech camera, external HD, 2 USBs for a external panel and iPad cable. Also via Thunderports a Lacie HD with apple adaptor...
After some research, leaving the HD on Thunderport and the other one on one USB after the system sleeps for some time, did awake but with some messages regarding the incorrect disconnection and the one on Thunderport doesn't shows anymore (until boots again).
Some of USB ports are showing ok but when connecting nothing shows up..(i.e Logitech camera, joystick, etc).

Thanks again for your help...
Because you're using OSXWIFI card, it's necessary to disable the internal Bluetooth port in macOS. We can do that easily by adding this to boot-args in the NVRAM section of config.plist:
  • uia_exclude=HS14
Then reboot and let's see if sleep/wake is any better.
Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 2.25.20 PM.png

Speaking of BIOS upgrades — specifically bricked motherboards :) — an unnamed replacement part is due to arrive today, which should allow Asus to finally effect repair on my ProArt Z690-Creator. Looking forward to getting it back. And the first thing I will do? Why, upgrade the BIOS of course!:twisted:

** Update on Motherboard **

Recap:
  • In early June my ProArt Z690-Creator was bricked following a BIOS upgrade that resulted in an endless boot loop.
  • After discussing the problem with Asus Tech Support, I was instructed to send the board for repair.
  • The board was received by the service center on June 7.
  • Today on July 13 I received an email suggesting that a replacement board has been shipped (because a new serial number is mentioned in the RMA report).
  • It's due to be delivered this coming Tuesday.
If a new board is indeed being shipped, then the mysterious "replacement part" is in fact the entire board.

Because you're using OSXWIFI card, it's necessary to disable the internal Bluetooth port in macOS. We can do that easily by adding this to boot-args in the NVRAM section of config.plist:
  • uia_exclude=HS14
Then reboot and let's see if sleep/wake is any better.
View attachment 551075
Thank you Casey, Just tested and goes to sleep and awakes by itself with the external drive been disconnected.
I was checking and I found that one of the thunderbolt entry is showing NO instead of Yes on PCI...On yours both shows yes...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 1.00.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 1.00.04 AM.png
    381.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Thank you Casey, Just tested and goes to sleep and awakes by itself with the external drive been disconnected.
I was checking and I found that one of the thunderbolt entry is showing NO instead of Yes on PCI...On yours both shows yes...
We should be able to fix the "No" by using or enabling SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05-V2.aml.

We should be able to fix the "No" by using or enabling SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05-V2.aml.
Yep, fix the yes. But no way to get the sleep better...
Any other ideas?

thanks a lot

Yep, fix the yes. But no way to get the sleep better...
Any other ideas?

thanks a lot
Another option is to physically remove the OSXWIFI card and use a USB mouse and keyboard to check if sleep/wake works as expected.

Troubleshooting sleep/wake typically requires us to follow a process of elimination by disconnecting and/or removing devices until the problem disappears.

Another option is to physically remove the OSXWIFI card and use a USB mouse and keyboard to check if sleep/wake works as expected.

Troubleshooting sleep/wake typically requires us to follow a process of elimination by disconnecting and/or removing devices until the problem disappears.
Also what sometimes helps is ensuring to set as ‘internal’ in the usbportmap the port that the problematic/noisy usb device is connected to.

Yes, I did that and keeps the same behavior. I offload some of the kext’s regarding the sleep and could manage to get right except that when awakes mouse (bt) behavior is not normal e computer freezes after sometime.

Yes, I did that and keeps the same behavior. I offload some of the kext’s regarding the sleep and could manage to get right except that when awakes mouse (bt) behavior is not normal e computer freezes after sometime.
If you removed the OSXWIFI card, then it’s not possible to use a Bluetooth mouse. Have you tried using a simple USB mouse?

Back