Contribute
Register

Asus Z590i Gaming Wifi w/ Thunderbolt 4 Hot Plug - i7-11700K Rocket Lake - 6800 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still having issue with audio and with Ethernet. I can't manage to have both Intel WiFi and Ethernet working.
I swapped the Wifi/ Bluetooth card out which is relatively easy to do on this board if it isn't installed :silent:. I assuming you checked release notes at OpenIntelWireless for any caveats or issues?

I swapped the Wifi/ Bluetooth card out which is relatively easy to do on this board if it isn't installed :silent:. I assuming you checked release notes at OpenIntelWireless for any caveats or issues?
Hi. My Intel WiFi is working. The issue is with Ethernet. It is recognized but it doesn't work.
Other issue is with audio. It seems that alc4080 has no spdif out port working for now.

I'm still having issue with audio and with Ethernet. I can't manage to have both Intel WiFi and Ethernet working.
What have you done to trouble shoot? Turn off the kexts for wireless and Bluetooth to see if Ethernet works? If that does nothing have you tried changing the System Preferences for Network/ Advanced to Manual and then 1000baseT?
For Digital Audio does it show in Hackintool, have you tried different IDs?

EDIT: I don't have a way to check Digital Sound output so my audio is working but may only be output through the mini jacks or display port

Last edited:
What have you done to trouble shoot? Turn off the kexts for wireless and Bluetooth to see if Ethernet works? If that does nothing have you tried changing the System Preferences for Network/ Advanced to Manual and then 1000baseT?
For Digital Audio does it show in Hackintool, have you tried different IDs?

EDIT: I don't have a way to check Digital Sound output so my audio is working but may only be output through the mini jacks or display port
alc4080 should work without any kext or hacks, as reported here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ohchangs-build-gigabyte-z590-vision-g-i7-10700k-amd-rx580.310986/ and in other builds.

It's strange because audio is recognized but it does not work either in spdif or jack. It's even stranger: system sounds, like alerts, works trough jack. audio like YouTube, etc. It's not working.
On spdif, nothing is working

Try this, replace the UTBMap.kext with this version, you may need to Reset NVRAM.

Attachments

• UTBMap.kext.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 52
Try this, replace the UTBMap.kext with this version, you may need to Reset NVRAM.
Hi. I fixed the Ethernet. I removed any Ethernet kext and just changed the device properties device-id. Nothing else.
Regarding audio, now the front jack panel is working, while the rear jack and the spin are not working.
Now I test your utbmap.

Hi. I fixed the Ethernet. I removed any Ethernet kext and just changed the device properties device-id. Nothing else.
Regarding audio, now the front jack panel is working, while the rear jack and the spin are not working.
Now I test your utbmap.
I think I'm going to need to remap ports, with the USB Audio Controller set as an internal device sound is wonky. With it set as either USB3 or USB2 then sleep breaks.

Now I test your utbmap.
This is a cleaner version, I redid the USB Port mapping and used USBPorts.kext instead. Sound works for me as does sleep.

Attachments

• EFI2.zip
    24.4 MB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back