Contribute
Register

Asus Z590i Gaming Wifi w/ Thunderbolt 4 Hot Plug - i7-11700K Rocket Lake - 6800 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: As I think about it if you open the USBMap.kext info.plist with a plist editor you can see and count every port IORegistryExplorer would see. Some are disabled which you can also note
Right! I didn't notice the "#" before some port. That's interesting, I mean, a very clever way to keep all the ports mapped and enable/disable whichever you need.
One last thing: I guess you can now avoid SSDT-RHUB, can't you?
Anyway, congrats for this nice build and thanks for clarify!
Cheers
g.

PS: Almost forgot, regarding XhciPortLimit quirk, it still affects the XHCI usb port mapping showing all of them, as long as you don't have any custom USB kext and use USBInjectAll.kext which of course you disabled, so no need to go further! ;)

Last edited:
Right! I didn't notice the "#" before some port. That's interesting, I mean, a very clever way to keep all the ports mapped and enable/disable whichever you need.
One last thing: I guess you can now avoid SSDT-RHUB, can't you?
Anyway, congrats for this nice build and thanks for clarify!
Cheers
g.

PS: Almost forgot, regarding XhciPortLimit quirk, it still affects the XHCI usb port mapping showing all of them, as long as you don't have any custom USB kext and use USBInjectAll.kext which of course you disabled, so no need to go further! ;)
Appreciate the good words, if I remember correctly it USB ports don't work at all without SSDT-RHUB resetting them. As far as the XhciPortLimit on newer boards that has not been my experience, on an MSI Z590 board I have it only shoed the H0 ports, none of the S0 ports would show at all, also the separate Thunderbolt controller was missing.

@Leesureone Have you ever tried Sidecar functions under MacPro 7,1 with/without RestrictedEvents.kext?
I haven’t yet but I can later, at work at the moment. W/O restrictevents.kext will cause other issues though…

@Leesureone Have you ever tried Sidecar functions under MacPro 7,1 with/without RestrictedEvents.kext?
I've tried sidecar now and there is something odd, it finds my iPad and my other computer just fine but the display on my iPad is blacked out. I'll keep looking into it but I've read users with real Macs have this problem also.

I've tried sidecar now and there is something odd, it finds my iPad and my other computer just fine but the display on my iPad is blacked out. I'll keep looking into it but I've read users with real Macs have this problem also.
Same here with iMacPro 1,1 under both BigSur 11.6.1 and Monterey 12.0.1 (test). If you have a bit of time could you be so kind to switch to to iMac 20,x and repeat the test with FeatureUnlock.kext ? Even if you have a CPU with an unsupported iGPU there is the chance it works out well, as documented here: https://github.com/acidanthera/FeatureUnlock

Same here with iMacPro 1,1 under both BigSur 11.6.1 and Monterey 12.0.1 (test). If you have a bit of time could you be so kind to switch to to iMac 20,x and repeat the test with FeatureUnlock.kext ? Even if you have a CPU with an unsupported iGPU there is the chance it works out well, as documented here: https://github.com/acidanthera/FeatureUnlock
If it worked for you then that’s great, I‘m not feeling the need to have sidecar an option when I’m going to switch back to MacPro 7,1

Hey @Leesureone ,

I have just installed my ASUS Z590i Gaming Wifi.

But I cannot get Thunderbolt working. Hotplug was working for my TB-SSD, but not more complex devices such as
my OWC TB4 Dock or the Razer Core X eGPU case. I've tried to hotplug and plugin before turning on the PC.

Can you share your BIOS version and your Thunderbolt Settings?

Best,
Chris

Hey @Leesureone ,

I have just installed my ASUS Z590i Gaming Wifi.

But I cannot get Thunderbolt working. Hotplug was working for my TB-SSD, but not more complex devices such as
my OWC TB4 Dock or the Razer Core X eGPU case. I've tried to hotplug and plugin before turning on the PC.

Can you share your BIOS version and your Thunderbolt Settings?

Best,
Chris
Hi Chris, I'm using bios version 1007 dated 7/13/2021. Thunderbolt settings are:
Discreet Thunderbolt Support = Enabled
Under Thunderbolt Configuration
GPI03 Force Power = Enabled
GPI0 Filter = Enabled
Thunderbolt OS Select = Enabled+RTD3

Your work on the Gigabyte Z590I Vision D on Github helped me set this board up

Cheers

Thanks. What is your setting for "Native OS security for TBT"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back