Contribute
Register

Asus Z590i Gaming Wifi w/ Thunderbolt 4 Hot Plug - i7-11700K Rocket Lake - 6800 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the part of the thread where @CaseySJ helped me sort it out but as I mentioned Thunderbolt was always working, just not hot plug.

Last edited:
:D Yes. But I have to admit, at first I was thinking both USBC are Thunderbolt. Because I was also thinking about buying the Z690 version of it, which has two Thunderbolts.
I have an Asus Z690i board installed in the case ready to fire up, just waiting for the memory to deliver next week. We’ll see how that goes….

I have an Asus Z690i board installed in the case ready to fire up, just waiting for the memory to deliver next week. We’ll see how that goes….
I'm looking forward to it as well. My Gigabyte Z690i/12700KF built is abet dissapointing, shutdown / mostly restart issue. If Asus Z690i is rock solid, time to move to Asus.

hello but work also with motherboard:
ASUS TUF GAMING Z590-PLUS WIFI ???

hello but work also with motherboard:
ASUS TUF GAMING Z590-PLUS WIFI ???
It should boot but Audio and USB configuration is different and will require changes

That's a good news. Today I just got my Z690-i Gaming WiFi. It's working but I have a couple of things that must be fixed (Ethernet, USB, Thunderbolt 4 and the integrated Bluetooth). That's a great mobo!

That's a good news. Today I just got my Z690-i Gaming WiFi. It's working but I have a couple of things that must be fixed (Ethernet, USB, Thunderbolt 4 and the integrated Bluetooth). That's a great mobo!
Got mine all setup using Casey SJ's modified EFI Folder from here:

Got mine all setup using Casey SJ's modified EFI Folder from here:

I tried it but I still have some issues. Are you going to post a new user build based on the Z690-I Gaming WiFi in the future?

I tried it but I still have some issues. Are you going to post a new user build based on the Z690-I Gaming WiFi in the future?
Maybe at some point in the future but not in any time frame that you'd want to wait for it. Here's my EFI if that helps, I used the applicable bios settings form CaseySJ's Asus set up.

EDIT: USB port Mapping is done and working for me but I'd like to simplify it at some point when I have some time to burn.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.5 MB · Views: 74
Maybe at some point in the future but not in any time frame that you'd want to wait for it. Here's my EFI if that helps, I used the applicable bios settings form CaseySJ's Asus set up.

EDIT: USB port Mapping is done and working for me but I'd like to simplify it at some point when I have some time to burn.
thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back