Contribute
Register

Asus Z170 RX 580 road from Mojave clean install -> Catalina upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I won’t need the kext files for Catalina?

The kexts needed for Mojave and Catalina are the same. Just leave them in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and let Clover inject them. It will save you a lot of headaches.

The kexts needed for Mojave and Catalina are the same. Just leave them in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and let Clover inject them. It will save you a lot of headaches.
Ok great.
just to avoid big mistakes: I should move the unnecessary, red marked kext files from /library/extensions to/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ ?

Last edited:
Ok great.
just to avoid big mistakes: I should move the unnecessary, red marked kext files from /library/extensions to/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ ?

Leave the kexts installed by the macOS installer in /Library/Extensions/.

Keep Hackintosh kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

post deleted

Ok I just updated to iMacPro1,1 via Multibeast.

towards the kexts:
Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-01 um 19.52.45.png
OK so just to clarify: These red crossed kexts can be deleted regarding my system components?
Or do I have to move them to /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other?

And if I should delete them, what about e.g. "USBInjectAll.kext"? I learned this is neccessary for enabling all USB ports

Last edited:
Ok I just updated to iMacPro1,1 via Multibeast. For details, here is my current config.plist.

towards the kexts:

OK so just to clarify: These red crossed kexts can be deleted regarding my system components?
Or do I have to move them to /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other?

And if I should delete them, what about e.g. "USBInjectAll.kext"? I learned this is neccessary for enabling all USB ports

Delete them.

All the kexts you need are already in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

OK I deleted some kexts file by file to watch if some functions get lost. When I deleted AppleALC.kext out of /Library/Extensions/, Audio didn't work anymore - so I had to copy it back in.

Current status: upgraded to Catalina, migrated from my old MBP Catalina Backup (with some fails at the user account migration, but its ok).
two currently biggest issues:
  1. extremely lagging mouse cursor.
  2. After Catalina installation, macOS always forgets its screen resolution until after the user login. So the apple boot logo and the login screen are always in a resolution too low
Do you have any suggestions? :)

Last edited:
I edited the title of the thread. Hope its ok, because I think with the current title, new readers can find it easier

OK I deleted some kexts file by file to watch if some functions get lost. When I deleted AppleALC.kext out of /Library/Extensions/, Audio didn't work anymore - so I had to copy it back in.

Current status: upgraded to Catalina, migrated from my old MBP Catalina Backup (with some fails at the user account migration, but its ok).
two currently biggest issues:
  1. extremely lagging mouse cursor.
  2. After Catalina installation, macOS always forgets its screen resolution until after the user login. So the apple boot logo and the login screen are always in a resolution too low
Do you have any suggestions? :)

Are you using the EFI that I provided unchanged? If yes, deleting those kexts should have no affect on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back