Contribute
Register

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Audio Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz (Codename Skylake)
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ASUS Strix OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I managed to install El Capitan on my new Skylake system with the the ASUS Z170 Deluxe motherboard. I am just not able to get any audio output devices to show up. Does anyone know what will fix that? I installed the Realtek ALC1150 audio driver with MultiBeast when I first booted the OS and thought it would work with just that, but it didn’t. Any help? Anything is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-24 at 6.58.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-24 at 6.58.59 PM.png
    270.1 KB · Views: 221
I have the Z170 Pro Gaming, which also uses an ALC1150. In addition to the ALC1150 driver, I also had to install VoodooHDA*, as well as change FixHDA_8000 to true in Clover's config.plist. However, I lose sound after putting the system to sleep. I've found another forum post with some suggestions so will post back if I get it working.

*Interestingly it seems to be the act of installing VoodooHDA that fixes it, rather than the actual presence of it. I can delete /Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext afterwards and it continues to work!

It's been a while, but I finally had some time to look into this. I can confirm that this version of CodecCommander works with my Z170 (use KextBeast to install into /S/L/E).

The solution came from this thread.

I have the Z170 Pro Gaming, which also uses an ALC1150. In addition to the ALC1150 driver, I also had to install VoodooHDA*, as well as change FixHDA_8000 to true in Clover's config.plist. However, I lose sound after putting the system to sleep. I've found another forum post with some suggestions so will post back if I get it working.

*Interestingly it seems to be the act of installing VoodooHDA that fixes it, rather than the actual presence of it. I can delete /Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext afterwards and it continues to work!

I have an ASUS Z170 Gaming - and installing ALC892 worked for me. (Right click on Multibeast -> Packages -> Resources -> Look for the 892 Pkg... Reboot.. Works for me

What version of sultry beast did you use? I can get sound if I use multibeast 8.1, but not 8.2.2.
Apologies for not responding sooner; I thought I'd subscribed to thread replies but apparently not! [Edit: Because my account was still registered against a dead email address; that'll do it!]

Anyway, I was indeed using 8.1.

I have an ASUS Z170 Gaming - and installing ALC892 worked for me. (Right click on Multibeast -> Packages -> Resources -> Look for the 892 Pkg... Reboot.. Works for me
Interesting; I read that the Z170 had an 1150 chip so I didn't even consider trying the others. I might try 892 if I ever rebuild the machine, but I have no plans to do so at this point.

For what it's worth, I just updated to 10.11.5 and sound survived without any manual intervention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back