Contribute
Register

Asus X99 Deluxe + 5960X

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the last line you see before the black screen?

it's so speed i can't read ! :crazy:

Oh, OK. Really quick then. You could try the boot flag debug=0x100 and see if that gets it to stop and give you a message.

Oh, OK. Really quick then. You could try the boot flag debug=0x100 and see if that gets it to stop and give you a message.

i tried : debug=0x100
debug=0x100 -v
-v debug=0x100
the same.

i almost red something like : System boot ...

Hey Sam, I saw from the X99 temporary guide post that you managed to make your unibeast boot. I am stuck at the same step as you were. What did you do to make it to the installer screen?

I actually did tonymac steps already but still no luck. I was hopping that you might have done something different. I guess I will give it a second try.
Thanks anyway.

I actually did tonymac steps already but still no luck. I was hopping that you might have done something different. I guess I will give it a second try.
Thanks anyway.

What step are you stuck?

What step are you stuck?

I cant get to the Mac Installer.
I made my Unibeast bootable USB key, I added the VoodooTSCSync.kext.
I patched the key with the 2 commands:
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3A|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel

Now I am stuck at booting from the USB key. I can't reach the Mac installer. I always get a black screen like you used to get. Even after typing -v, I get lines of text and the screen goes black. The last line of the verbose boot says "PCI configuration begin" then black screen.

I cant get to the Mac Installer.
I made my Unibeast bootable USB key, I added the VoodooTSCSync.kext.
I patched the key with the 2 commands:
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3A|\xEB\x0A\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel

Now I am stuck at booting from the USB key. I can't reach the Mac installer. I always get a black screen like you used to get. Even after typing -v, I get lines of text and the screen goes black. The last line of the verbose boot says "PCI configuration begin" then black screen.

-Unibeast key in Usb2 not 3
-type as bootflags : -v ncpi=0x2000 cpus=1 nv_disable=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back