Contribute
Register

Asus X99 Deluxe + 5960X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Manic! I Will try tomorrow. It is 2 AM here (Paris). I'm dead.

When you say put in your stick USB the haswell kernel, what kind Of bootloader do i have to use? (Clover? Unibeast?)

It will work for either one, but what I said above was intended for unibeast.

Ok and sorry for this newbee's question but how you copy the Kernel in the unibeast key? i didn't find any folder or Mach kernel in the stick , i see only "installer Osx mavericks".

thks

Ok and sorry for this newbee's question but how you copy the Kernel in the unibeast key? i didn't find any folder or Mach kernel in the stick , i see only "installer Osx mavericks".

thks

It's hidden. Just put the kernel on the stick in the same place the "install os x mavericks" is. If you want, you can use this tool to show hidden files: http://gotoes.org/sales/ShowHiddenFilesMacOSX/How_To_Show_Hidden_Files.php Then you will be able to see the mach_kernel (as well as a bunch of hidden folders).

It's hidden. Just put the kernel on the stick in the same place the "install os x mavericks" is. If you want, you can use this tool to show hidden files: http://gotoes.org/sales/ShowHiddenFilesMacOSX/How_To_Show_Hidden_Files.php Then you will be able to see the mach_kernel (as well as a bunch of hidden folders).

ok i deleted mach kernel (gray) and put your MK but it's write Can't find /mach_kernel press a key to continue...

Capture d’écran 2014-09-05 à 10.49.13.png

I don't think this is really necessary since it has the same name as the original, but add this to your org.chameleon.boot.plist (Which should be in a hidden /Extra folder on your unibeast drive):
Code:
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>

Also make sure the permissions are correct. Open up the terminal and navigate to your unibeast drive:
Code:
cd /Volumes/unibeast
check permissions for the kernel:
Code:
ls -l | grep mach_kernel
It should say this next to it: -rwxr-xr-x@ 1 root wheel

If it doesn't, do these commands:
Code:
sudo chmod 755 /Volumes/unibeast/mach_kernel
Code:
sudo chown root:wheel /Volumes/unibeast/mach_kernel

Let me know if that makes any difference.

It' seems good, look
Capture d’écran 2014-09-05 à 11.11.22.png

Capture d’écran 2014-09-05 à 11.26.45.png

edit: Still Cn't find kernel

It' seems good, look
View attachment 103449

edit: Still Cn't find kernel

It also needs to say "root wheel" your says "SAM admin." So in that case run this command:
Code:
sudo chown root:wheel /Volumes/unibeast/mach_kernel

I really don't think that should matter but I'm just trying to check everything...

Also, when you are at the unibeast boot screen you can't just type mach_kernel along with the rest of your arguments, that has helped some people from what I'm reading.

I'll let you know if i have any other ideas.

I should mention that if you also want to give Clover a try, it is possible to have Clover and Chimera working on your Unibeast drive without conflicting with each other.

Damage. :(

Ok Manic; thank you so much.

Edit: i tried with Clover, i'm stuck too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back