Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Sabertooth | Core i7-3960x (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
u need to put PCIRootUID=0 and also GraphicsEnabler=No(this for u'r GTX670) and npci=0x3000 only that..

u need to put PCIRootUID=0 and also GraphicsEnabler=No(this for u'r GTX670) and npci=0x3000 only that..

Tried that and it still freezes on the apple start up screen.

when boot in verbose mode what said in there? boot with -v

When I boot in verbose I get this. Still Waiting For Root Device.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 588
When I boot in verbose I get this. Still Waiting For Root Device.

I had this issue yesterday with my P9X79 Pro, i7 3820 and GTX 670 FTW. I had to do a few things to get it to install. First, if you have PCI-E 3.0 enabled, change the bios setting to PCI-E 2.0. This allowed me to get into the installer but it presented with the extreme lag that some people have reported. With considerable patience I got to the point of installing, but it crashed 80% of the way through. To fix that I needed to disable hyperthreading and all cores but one, and then boot with this:

GraphicsEnabler=No -v

I didn't need PCIRootUID=0 as some people have, but you can add that in too if you need to. Once it installed I needed VoodooTSCSync.kext so that the system would not lag with all cores and hyperthreading enabled. You can probably use ksosx86's copy here: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=59573

I had to change the IOCPUNumber value in info.plist in that kext to 7 for my i7 3820. I believe the current value is 11, so it should work as is for your 3930K.

Good luck!

OMG you are awesome. VoodooTSCSync.kext is all I needed to get everything to work, posting this from my new hackintosh build, yea I set it up with the cpus=1 paramater so I did not have to muck around with the bios for hyperthreading and cores, afterwards installed unibeasts and required kexts, rebooted again with cpus=1 then installed the vodoo with kext beast and changed GraphicsEnabled to No in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Thanks so much to everyone that has helped me out, next paycheck will be making a donation to tonymac.

Cheers and keep on hackintoshing lol.

Help and recommendation!

Thanks for all the info man but i have some questiosn if u can help me.
I am starting an new building so I need some advice.
So the processor that i am thinking is the I7 3930k.
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA
If I really need an SSD
this is what i think Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD2 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) ( can i use one HD 10000 RPM?)

RAM G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)

The video Cart, i need to run FInal Cut Pro the
NVIDIA 6xx series work's?

Thanks so much for all u help, also is this installation well be easy?
Appreciate!!!

PD: All your recommendations are welcome, my budget is about $1500 to 1800 thanks.

Yea hard drive will work, 10000 rpm is just its speed has nothing to do with hackintosh. GTX 600 series work out of the box on mountain lion so no need to do any extra settings or tweaks. Yea I will be running finalcut pro sometime too.

Just make a ML boot USB with unibeast, how to do that found here --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibea...untain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html.

Boot from usb, during bios post just keep hitting f8 until the boot selection menu shows up then select your usb, boot with the following peramaters without quotes "GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 cpus=1" Once OSX has loaded go to disk utilities and format your desired hdd OSX Journaled with GUID partition. Then install ML. Once thats done again you must boot from usb with those paramaters and finish setting up your mac.

Run multibeast, for my build which is asus sabertooth x79, intel i7 3930k, Nvidia GTX 670FTW, with 2tb 7200rpm sata hdd. I had multibeast install the following kexts (look at attached screenshot) if you are gonna be running an ssd then TRIM Enabler must be ticked off in multibeast. Reboot after install.

This time since the bootloader was installed you can boot from your hdd (if you have windows installed first then you may have to hit f8 on post to select your mac hdd to boot off of), you have to boot with only "GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1" this time.

Modify "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" which is located in your mac hdd drive/extra so that GraphicsEnabler=No is set automatically, then download kextbeast found here --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=32 and extract it to the desktop same with VoodooTSCSync.kext (found as attachment to this post) then run kext beast and reboot.

Now you should just be able to boot into mac without any parameters and have all cpu cores active. That is how i did my build and I hope it works for you too.

Don't forget if you have to keep hitting f8 to boot into mac it is probably because windows has set itself as the active partition, I think you have to unmark it as active in disk management within windows and set your mac as active. I did not do this because I mostly use pc so I like to boot from mac manually.

My build specs:
Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU: Intel i7 3930k
SSD: Intel 520 series 180gb SSD (Running Windows)
HDDs: 2x Segate Barracuda 7200rpm 62mb cache 2tb hdds (One for PC storage other for Mac OSX)
Ram: Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600 64gb
Graphics: EVGA Nvidia GTX 670 FTW 2gb

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-02 at 2.50.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-02 at 2.50.28 PM.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 859
  • VoodooTSCSync.kext.zip
    17.7 KB · Views: 393
Help and recommendation!

Thanks so much for u help I keep u post.
Thanks again,

Tpc 812

I'll build almost the same bulid, except that I'm using 3930k and TPC 812 fan. The question I want to ask is that will TPC 812 work???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back