Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Sabertooth | Core i7-3960x (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

Being inspired from mitchellk's build. I put together a machine similar to this. This is my first attempt to hackintosh.

My configuration is:

core i7 3. 930K
Asus sabertooth x79
Gigabyte AMD 6850
OCZ agility 3 120GB SSD
Corsair H80 cooler
and
4 GB of RAM which I am going to upgrade later as I spent all my money on the processor.

I have got bios version 1104 x64.

I installed lion without any issues then rebooted into lion using unibeast. Then I installed unibeast exactly as shown in the screenshot except nvidia drivers amd readon plugin instead of that.

After installing multibeast when I restart I get white apple logo for few seconds and nothing happens. Nothing comes up on the screen. Is there anything I am doing wrong. Could someone help me with that please.

Cheers,

EDIT:Sorry for the above question I just had to do graphics enabler=no. Solved now.

Cheers

AppleAHCIPort.kext posted by Kurtface

Hi all,

Does anyone still have AppleAHCIPort.kext posted by Kurtface for asus sabertooth x79? If still have can posted again in here? i try the link from mitchellk but it's say page not found..
thanks

Anyone try OS X Mountain Lion on an X79 based system such as this yet?

Inspired by this thread I went down the same route X79 Sabertooth and i7 3960X and thanks to mitchellk's fine work detailing his steps I had a trouble free install of a dual boot Mac OSX Lion and Windows 7. Both work great and have just passed the 48hr stability test with OCCT and Prime5 with a 4.9Ghz overlock and temps not pushing over high 60's with 100% load. I have mounted the 360 rad and fans on the back of the case to help with cooling and this has definetly made a big difference.
I have no audio or sleep problems, in fact I have yet to find an issue to gripe about, even the migration from my old mac running snow leopard was effortless, only issue was with Adobe Application Manager which required a fresh install on the new machine.

In mac it made 14.08 / 50.03 in Cinebench.

THANKS mitchellk!!

Attachments

• IMG-20120727-00077.jpg
    IMG-20120727-00077.jpg
    579.7 KB · Views: 1,038
Yes, Tried and tested works smooth except sleep.

Cheers,

Hey i have the same computer for a about a month now and everything was stable until this morning that i tried to turn on my computer and the screen froze at the tonymac boot screen(the one before the apple logo)... What can it be?

Yes, Tried and tested works smooth except sleep.

Cheers,

Did you do anything different from the lion install? (aside from using the ML unibeast app)
Same multibeast options?

Thanks!

asus sabertooth x79 - i73930k - GTX550Ti - Successful running OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion

Hi all,

Finnaly mountain lion already installed on my hackinpro sabertooth x79 with i7 3930k and gigabyte GTX550Ti. All hardware running well except sleep. But i have something weird, when try to updated from software update for some program it's update and download the file but after the file already complete and want to install it said .dmg file it's corrupt or not complete download, is anyone have some problem like this? i already try several time but it's always come up like that, i think maybe it's have problem with AHCI but not sure yet, anyone can help?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-30 at 6.46.04 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-07-30 at 6.46.04 AM.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 548
Everything ok on my build except..

Hi, I am new to hackintosh but i managed to get everything set up properly on my asus sabertooth x79 mobo, one thing though I can only get it to work with cpus=1, if i dont put those flags in it gets stuck on the apple logo screen with the spinning wheel frozen. Also it does not show up in about this mac that an i7 is running.

Any ideas on how to fix this, would really appreciate.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back