Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Sabertooth | Core i7-3960x (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll build almost the same bulid, except that I'm using 3930k and TPC 812 fan. The question I want to ask is that will TPC 812 work???

That doesn't matter as far as the cooler goes. It works with socket 2011 mb, but it's not a great cooler according to the reviews I've seen. Noctua or Phantek are the top air coolers.

That doesn't matter as far as the cooler goes. It works with socket 2011 mb, but it's not a great cooler according to the reviews I've seen. Noctua or Phantek are the top air coolers.

As long as I don't overclock, it should be ok, right?

You should be good, just be sure to add good thermal paste. Although for this kind of build I would highly recommend a water cooler, corsair and thermaltake have been getting good reviews, just do the research on the different models they offer.

You should be good, just be sure to add good thermal paste. Although for this kind of build I would highly recommend a water cooler, corsair and thermaltake have been getting good reviews, just do the research on the different models they offer.

I want to ask that how much I should apply???Also, In the past I also have a water cooler build. But it end up leaking water two years later. I still have nightmare about this. :(

A pea sized drop is good enough.

well I think I messed up, updated the BIOS to 2002 and now my os x won't boot (either it reboots or the os x spinning wheel turns very slowly with nothing happening)

anyone knows if there is a way to get this working again do I need a reinstall?

as far as I have read there is no way to revert the bios to the older version because of some windows 8 improvements...

I am on the same bios and its working fine. Try "cpus=1", I would always get the same slowness unless I booted with those paramiters. This will restrict you to using 1 core, if you want to fix that you will need the VoodoTSCSync.kext to enable all cores. Please note since its default 11 for i7 you may need to change if you have i5 or i3.

I have attaced the voodo kext in an earlier post I made on this thread.

As long as I don't overclock, it should be ok, right?

It's not that it doesn't work or it's an ineffective cooler, so you can overclock it and you might as well do so. The thing is just that there are better/quieter/cheaper coolers out there.

evilmonkey477 said:
Please note since its default 11 for i7 you may need to change if you have i5 or i3.

The socket 2011 chips are all i7s.

Boot from usb, during bios post just keep hitting f8 until the boot selection menu shows up then select your usb, boot with the following peramaters without quotes "GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 cpus=1" Once OSX has loaded go to disk utilities and format your desired hdd OSX Journaled with GUID partition. Then install ML. Once thats done again you must boot from usb with those paramaters and finish setting up your mac.

I just got all my stuff this weekend to make this build. I didn't have to do any of boot parameters you suggested, the installer just worked for me. I am also running GTX670 FTW card. I am running an old bios version from April, so maybe that is the difference. I still have to complete the post installation with MultiBeast tonight, but it's booting off the USB stick just fine.

****EDIT*****

Nevermind, I had to run "GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1" after running multibeast as evilmonkey suggested. I followed his instructions from that point on to the t and it worked.

Did you install any other drivers like Cuda drivers for your GTX670 FTW card or are you using the native Nvidia driver in Mountain Lion?

I am on the same bios and its working fine. Try "cpus=1", I would always get the same slowness unless I booted with those paramiters. This will restrict you to using 1 core, if you want to fix that you will need the VoodoTSCSync.kext to enable all cores. Please note since its default 11 for i7 you may need to change if you have i5 or i3.

I have attaced the voodo kext in an earlier post I made on this thread.

this made it work again perfect ! thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back