Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we going to stick with BIOS 4206? I thought we have to upgrade to 4802+ for Mavericks.
For now stick with 4206 for 3930K or SandyB-E CPUs. All the newer BIOSs break Turbo (Multiplier OverClocks) without a patched CPUPM kext.

Just a heads up guys, with this configuration (NullCPUPM) it's not actual OS controlled pm. I have about 1/6th the power draw at idle with actual OS pm (2w CPU package cores and 14w CPU package total) .

Wow; 14 watts! That's amazing. I was down to 25 watts idle with NullCPUPM and was happy with that! 14 is insane. We'll have to touch base and figure out what I need to add to the build instructions to get full PM. Do we have to use clover to get that?

Wow; 14 watts! That's amazing. I was down to 25 watts idle with NullCPUPM and was happy with that! 14 is insane. We'll have to touch base and figure out what I need to add to the build instructions to get full PM. Do we have to use clover to get that?
No. Everything works just as good in chameleon, just more hoops to jump through. Either way it requires a proper SSDT, MacPro6,1 smbios data, a patched AICPUPM kext, a edit to the iopluginfamily kext, and here's the big one, a unlocked bios. However the new BIOSs for IvyB-E are unlocked so you'll just need to update the bios when it's time.

First off with the 4930K or any IvyB-E CPU you'll need to use the newest available BIOSs IE 4802 or 4804. What BIOS are you on?

Ahh interesting! I am on 4206. I'll upgrade to the latest bios this evening and let you know how it goes! Thanks.

Can you send me your extra folder? Mark has my E-Mail if you prefer not to post it publicly.

Yes! I can do that later this afternoon when I get home.

Ahh interesting! I am on 4206. I'll upgrade to the latest bios this evening and let you know how it goes! Thanks.
Yes! I can do that later this afternoon when I get home.
I bet the bios is your main obstacle. They started adding support for ivy-e after 4206 but 4206 was the last one that didn't break turbo without OS CPUPM.

Everything went smooth, the only thing I'm having some issues is the sleep since sometimes works and sometimes not.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 6.30.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 6.30.54 PM.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 6.31.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 6.31.36 PM.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 98
Everything went smooth, the only thing I'm having some issues is the sleep since sometimes works and sometimes not.

Thanks for keeping us updated. You did the new procedure?

I think I should do new screenshots of BIOS screens. Maybe there is something different between yours and mine. I've tested sleep about a dozen times so far; and it's been fine.

If you haven't made a DSDT; use shilohh's procedure to do that. It's very quick and might help with sleep.

@SwamyG
Can you send me your extra folder? Mark has my E-Mail if you prefer not to post it publicly.

Here you go! Looking forward to feedback on my folder... Going to update bios now. I'll report back!

Attachments

• Extra.zip
    912.9 KB · Views: 130
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back