Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I should download the latest bios, I'm in 4206 and I'm getting this..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 1.14.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 1.14.30 PM.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 175
I think I should download the latest bios, I'm in 4206 and I'm getting this..
If you're following my guide to OS controlled SpeedStep, then yes it's time to update the BIOS.

I wish you had a youtube video of this procedure since I'm not that familiar with the code. Seems doable I'm going to adventure myself :)
I'll be doing a video for my clover guide and eventually a over clocking in OSX video guide.

How will having a Geforce titan affect this build?
I also have 64 gigs of RAM. Will that mess things up? This is the RAM I have btw:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A77201S/
There are quite a few people using titans. There are some work arounds needed for the rev B versions which I think are the only ones available new now. These could be solved in future versions of OS X but for now I think you'll need the web driver to keep your system from crashing when openCL is engaged but you should research it more. As far as ram, make sure it's qualified by asus for their x79 boards. Look up their qualified vendors list.

I was able to follow shilohh's Guide (SpeedStep) and everything seems to work nice. Since I'm getting familiar with the new bios I loose a little bit in my Geekbench score. Now I'm waiting for the new screens shot to OC again. That's my report :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 10.33.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 10.33.02 PM.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 10.36.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 10.36.52 PM.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 158
I was able to follow shilohh's Guide (SpeedStep) and everything seems to work nice. Since I'm getting familiar with the new bios I loose a little bit in my Geekbench score. Now I'm waiting for the new screens shot to OC again. That's my report :)

Were you waiting on my BIOS screenshots? The ones linked to on the build page are current; but I'm not using the new BIOS and Shilohhs extended Speedstep yet. I've been ok with just basic speedstep on the older BIOS for now.

Photos | BIOS Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back