Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone has a working DSDT and detailed Bios Setting for 4403. I can t get any os x version to run now.

Anyone has a working DSDT and detailed Bios Setting for 4403. I can t get any os x version to run now.
If you're using multiplier for overclock, stay away from anything after 4206. Your OC won't work. I'm back on 4102 but 4206 is good and stable from what I've read. My DSDT wont work on your system because of my PCI hardware. Roll your own here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/9233...eme-x79-guide-extract-edit-your-own-dsdt.html
Settings are the same but the UI is redesigned in 4403.

i can not even boot my friend, it hangs at NULLCPUPOWERMANAGEMENT::START on all systems i tried to install even on 10.8.3, any clue?? Maybe a cpu BIOS Setting or do i have to return to older BIOS or just wait a bit until it works on latest BIOS? I can wait no hurry. Thanks!

i can not even boot my friend, it hangs at NULLCPUPOWERMANAGEMENT::START on all systems i tried to install even on 10.8.3, any clue?? Maybe a cpu BIOS Setting or do i have to return to older BIOS or just wait a bit until it works on latest BIOS? I can wait no hurry. Thanks!
Yes whenever you update the BIOS it resets all settings so you'll need to reapply all your settings after a bios change. I would recommend going back to 4102 or 4206 or back to bios your dsdt is from then reapplying your settings. In particular, turn off speed step(CPU power management) but that shouldnt keep you from booting. A dsdt will not be compatible with a new bios. Try booting DSDT=No and delete the dsdt from Extra unless you plan to flash back to the bios that your dsdt was extracted from. The newest bios (43xx 44xx) mainly focus on ivybridge-e compatability and for some reason you can't turn off speed step and change your multiplier for OC. As soon as you try to change the multiplier, speed step is re-enabled.

I did the OS X 10.8.5 update and brick my Hackintosh, now I'm trying to make a fresh install and I'm getting stuck with gray screen with the beach ball. I never experience this before, usually I do this in less than 1 hour. Does anyone have same problem with 10.8.5? Thanks!

I did the OS X 10.8.5 update and brick my Hackintosh, now I'm trying to make a fresh install and I'm getting stuck with gray screen with the beach ball. I never experience this before, usually I do this in less than 1 hour. Does anyone have same problem with 10.8.5? Thanks!
Well that definitely didn't work for me.

Finally got up and running in 10.8.5 but I don't recommend it especially because there's no solution for working on board audio yet. Back on 10.8.4 for a bit.

Well that definitely didn't work for me.

Finally got up and running in 10.8.5 but I don't recommend it especially because there's no solution for working on board audio yet. Back on 10.8.4 for a bit.

VoodooHDA the last hope for now for x79 system on 10.8.5

I dunno, my x79's alc892 works fine with 10.8.5, I just had to reinstall the stuff from multibeast 4.6.1 to get it working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back