Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there !

iam trying to install the os x mountin lion from scratch on my pc.

my rig :
mobo :asus rampage iv gene x79
proc: i7 3930k sandy bridge-e
gpu: msi gtx 650 ti 1gb
ram :8gb
ssd : kingston 120 gb

after i finished the unibeast step, booted the usb, the apple logo appeared, few seconds got message which says

"you need to restart your computer, hold the power button until it ...

tried some commands like , graphicsenabler=no, -v ,pcirootuid=0 but no success

also i tried cpus=1 and got a new problem which is bootcachecontrol : Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist : 2 No such file or directory , see attachments

so iam confused , please help

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 523
Have you tried booting with those flags > -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 ?

yes i tried, but didnt work (still having the same issue)

notes:

-this issue appears before i get to the installation window.

-Few weeks ago, i updated the bios to 4004 (.cap) version before i decided to try hackintosh . Does it cause this problem ?

DSDT=rusbbish"

I havent installed audio yet..... is it now safe to install HD audio using multi beast, as the beggining of this guide says not to, but multi beast has changed since then?

.... even though my sound settings show output, I can even see the volume bar on the inputs section move when i blow into the mic, however I still cant get no sound out of the computer, quicktime wont even play a file? Anyone? Cheers

The only current solution for onboard sound on the R4E is NOT from multibeast. You will NEED a DSDT with the proper edits and the correct patched kext. You can roll your own here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/9233...eme-x79-guide-extract-edit-your-own-dsdt.html

Intermittent mouse and keyboard freezes

Just completed my first hackintosh build.
Its working really well, thanks to all the hard work of the contributors to this thread.
I botched my first attempt by installing the current version of multibeast.
Then I followed the instructions EXACTLY, and it worked great.
Everything seems to be working well, I just get these Intermittent mouse and keyboard freezes.
These are usb devices plugged into the top two rear usb 2.0 ports.
(Also, my gtx 670 is in the #4 slot)
Im pretty new at this, and guessed from my Many hours of research that it may be an overclock issue?
Ive fiddled quite a bit with the bios, (Never straying too far from MK500's setup) but still get these freezes.
I may be on the wrong track completely?
Has anyone else run across this???

EDIT: I resolved this issue by changing devices. I was using an old logitech mouse and a new, cheap MS keyboard for the testing faze.
When I switched my old Mac pro for my new Hack pro in my main editing suite, the problem went away. Currently using an apple keyboard (wired) and two cordless logitech mice with no freezes at all. (Note: I can no longer plug my bluetooth mouse transmitters into my Apple keyboard because the MB reads the keyboard as a hub on boot, and I have no access to BIOS)
C4D and After Effects all day long with zero glitches. And this **** is FASTTTT!!! Lovin it! :D

Hey MK,

Much respect on the build!

I've basically bought and built my computer based on your successful build. But for some reason I'm having serious trouble just getting to the point where I can boot from the pcie card. You can see my comments to Shiloh here.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/9233...de-extract-edit-your-own-dsdt.html#post651640

This all started because I thought my problem would be with the DSDT, but he's saying different so I could really use your opinion since it's an almost exact copy of your computer.

Thanks for any help you can offer, sir!

My two left USB ports on the front of my P280 case are not working. The two blue USB 3.0 ports on the right are working. I am getting power when I plug a flash drive into the port but it is not showing up in OSX. All ports are enabled in the bios. I am on bios 3602. I installed Windows 7 briefly on this machine and the ports were working so it must be something in OSX. Any ideas?

hi there !

iam trying to install the os x mountin lion from scratch on my pc.

my rig :
mobo :asus rampage iv gene x79
proc: i7 3930k sandy bridge-e
gpu: msi gtx 650 ti 1gb
ram :8gb
ssd : kingston 120 gb

after i finished the unibeast step, booted the usb, the apple logo appeared, few seconds got message which says

"you need to restart your computer, hold the power button until it ...

tried some commands like , graphicsenabler=no, -v ,pcirootuid=0 but no success

also i tried cpus=1 and got a new problem which is bootcachecontrol : Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist : 2 No such file or directory , see attachments

so iam confused , please help

finaly , i passed the installation and booted the mac :headbang:

the issue is caused by the ssd that i chose to install the osx on it

it was plugged in when i was trying to get the installation window.

the solution is, i unplugged the ssd, applied the -v cpus=1 ncpi=0x2000 command, booted like charm :)

The one remaining issue that I have is "over clock failed" at start up.
The over clock is fairly conservative at 4.3, and runs very stable after boot.
When I boot when the system is warmed up, I dont get it.
Im currently attempting to increase the boot voltages from auto to 2.6 hoping that that may help,
but im really guessing.
Anyone have a clue on how to resolve this?
Could it be the RAM settings?

Also, If I set the turbo ratio to 42, I can get it to boot every time but my geek bench scores are low.
At 43, im in the mid 20,000s.

Cheers

The one remaining issue that I have is "over clock failed" at start up.
The over clock is fairly conservative at 4.3, and runs very stable after boot.
When I boot when the system is warmed up, I dont get it.
Im currently attempting to increase the boot voltages from auto to 2.6 hoping that that may help,
but im really guessing.
Anyone have a clue on how to resolve this?
Could it be the RAM settings?

Also, If I set the turbo ratio to 42, I can get it to boot every time but my geek bench scores are low.
At 43, im in the mid 20,000s.

Cheers

Please be very careful when overclocking. The #2 post in this thread has all the details:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...reme-core-i7-3930k-successful.html#post326729

Please read and consider. I spent at least a week working on the overclock section. Only judge stability with 24 hours of prime95, not "it feels stable".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back