Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the fix not covered by warranty or something? You should still have a warranty...

They’re pulling the “physical damage isn’t covered” card. I definitely bent the USB pins on the mobo after squashing it a bit with a GPU.

Also thinking about a GB Designare since it has thunderbolt built in.

Shouldn’t be an issue since there are success stories with the 10900x and 10980xe.

Those were Catalina success stories. On Mojave, MacPro7,1 is not possible, so you would have to use iMacPro1,1. I don't know if a fake CPU id is needed or not.

I ordered mine back on Nov 7th and it’s yet to come. All the shops I’ve called in Canada said that intel is back ordered and hasn’t shipped any allegedly outside of review samples.

I think they've shipped a handful, but they're still very hard to get. I just looked at all my usual sources, and they don't have that one in stock.

Welp, Asus wants $600 to repair my board. I could almost buy a new mobo for that! Any recommendations on boards? Thinking about getting the 10G version. Look at my setup.

Speak to their senior management, that shouldn't be the case at all.

I ruined my socket and they charged me $120 to get a new refurb board (this was when I had a Prime Deluxe II) so $600 is ridiculous.

Speak to their senior management, that shouldn't be the case at all.

I ruined my socket and they charged me $120 to get a new refurb board (this was when I had a Prime Deluxe II) so $600 is ridiculous.

I requested a dispute but the case was closed. They said to get another RMA, quote for repair, and then dispute it again. Sigh...

Last edited:
I requested a dispute but the case was closed. They said to get another RMA, quote for repair, and then dispute it again. Sigh...

I had a quote for like $580 or something for a bent cpu pin on my non 10G Sage. I sent it in and they gave me a refurb for free so *shrugs* Maybe they'll just give you a replacement

Still not a bad deal at $999, or if you can find a used 9980XE or delidded 7980XE.

I'm very happy with the 9980XE @ 4.4Ghz on all cores, probably will last me for a long time. That is if i don't get rid of the whole thing and just go with the new Mac Pro (which seems outdated already after AMD announcements haha)

Hey there izo1, curious if you used kgp's build guide for the 7980xe imac, and if so if you could point me to adjustments you made to use the 9980? Getting ready for my first build.
(and need to confirm your thunderbolt 3 works)
Much appreciated.

hi , I have followed kgp guid for X299 , created bootable USB ( Terminal Method ), trying to install Catalina on brand new Samsung 970 evo pro NVMe M.2 ( not formated as I'm on new build ) , no luck getting to installer , experimented with kexts ( trying minimum and going upward ) but with limited knowledge with understanding Verbos lines , I have ended up with nothing.
The last screen shot attached with my EFI folder

New build
Rog Rampage VI Extreme Omega X299
CPU i9 10920x
GPU: ASRock Radeon VII
RAM: Corsair vengeance DDR4 64g
one monitor attached through HDMI
MacBook Pro : to configure clover

Any Advice would be much appreciated
There might be a few things:
- What generation si such board? Was there anybody making that board run?
- You don't have the right Catalina USB patches. If you plug the USB key into an USB 3.0 right after boot such port won't be available.
- You might need to tick the field RTX8Allowed as on a i9 9900X I had to to make it boot.
- there's more but I now forgot..

There might be a few things:
- What generation si such board? Was there anybody making that board run?
- You don't have the right Catalina USB patches. If you plug the USB key into an USB 3.0 right after boot such port won't be available.
- You might need to tick the field RTX8Allowed as on a i9 9900X I had to to make it boot.
- there's more but I now forgot..

Many thanks
actually managed to use usb 3.1 port and worked fine , installed Catalina and updated to 10.15.3
Issues :
1. no USB working, except the USB 3.1 where I used a splitter with 4 ports to use my keyboard and mouse , the rest of USBs are not working , tried different USB kexts but no luck so far
2. No audio : used AppleALC.kext with patch , but didn't work as well
3. no wifi / bluetooth : I used a wifi card that worked without kext ( but no bluetooth )

Please see attached EFI folder
Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 67
Hey there izo1, curious if you used kgp's build guide for the 7980xe imac, and if so if you could point me to adjustments you made to use the 9980? Getting ready for my first build.
(and need to confirm your thunderbolt 3 works)
Much appreciated.

Didn't use the guide, and I'm on OpenCore. Using Mac Pro 7,1 SMBIOS (2019)

Hi everyone, I have a problem.
I have assembled an ASUS Prime Deluxe II with an i9-10900X and a 5700 XT. I have used the kgp guide and everything perfect except one thing.
SMBIOS iMacPro1,1
Catalina says corsair commander pro how to a ups , Can I disable this usb so that it is not detected with an ssdt or patch in clover?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back