Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it give you the SMBIOS infos requested earlier or am I mistaken? If it doesn't I'll edit my previous post.
Edit: The app content has changed since I posted it. The developer is obviously updating it. I'll edit my [previous post.
I just double-checked. There isn’t even a config.plist that it creates there, so no SMBIOS information or anything.

I just double-checked. There isn’t even a config.plist that it creates there, so no SMBIOS information or anything.
I know. There was a sample config yesterday, I edited my previous post.

I’m trying to get OC 0.0.4 to work properly. I’m concerned about trying to use it with my working Mojave install, so I’m experimenting with my Catalina public beta 5 install. Catalina does start up completely (I know because I can hit Ctrl-Eject on my keyboard and hit Enter to shutdown or R to restart), but both of my monitors go into power save mode during startup. Anyone have any thoughts on how to keep them on all the way through?

I have a Radeon VII and using VegaTab.kext from Ellybz’s EFI. I tried removing that, but still no luck. Latest Lilu and Whatevergreen from yesterday, but same issue with previously release.

I’m trying to get OC 0.0.4 to work properly. I’m concerned about trying to use it with my working Mojave install, so I’m experimenting with my Catalina public beta 5 install. Catalina does start up completely (I know because I can hit Ctrl-Eject on my keyboard and hit Enter to shutdown or R to restart), but both of my monitors go into power save mode during startup. Anyone have any thoughts on how to keep them on all the way through?

I have a Radeon VII and using VegaTab.kext from Ellybz’s EFI. I tried removing that, but still no luck. Latest Lilu and Whatevergreen from yesterday, but same issue with previously release.

Have you tried Tony Arnold's OC EFI? Maybe between the two you might get closer.....as his is also a Prime Deluxe, but is based on 0.0.3, might be worthwhile to try his to see if it works, and then between the two see if you can identify the problem.....

For Tony's EFI you would have to adjust the TSAAdjstReset kext to the number of cores you have.....and there may be some other adjustments, of course....for instance, Tony's OC EFI is based on his system, which should be very similar to yours, but his system uses a Vega 64, not a Radeon VII....

Last edited:
Have you tried Tony Arnold's OC EFI? Maybe between the two you might get closer.....as his is also a Prime Deluxe, but is based on 0.0.3, might be worthwhile to try his to see if it works, and then between the two see if you can identify the problem.....

For Tony's EFI you would have to adjust the TSAAdjstReset kext to the number of cores you have.....and there may be some other adjustments, of course....

I asked what all the hardware he has is because he said it’s very specific to his configuration, but didn’t get a response yet. I’ll try his SSDT’s, Kexts, and config settings converted to 0.0.4 and see how it goes. I also just found a boot argument that fixed the black screen issue for someone else: agdpmod=pikera. I’ll report back after I have a chance to try it in a little while.

EDIT: That boot argument didn’t work.

Last edited:
I asked what all the hardware he has is because he said it’s very specific to his configuration, but didn’t get a response yet. I’ll try his SSDT’s, Kexts, and config settings converted to 0.0.4 and see how it goes. I also use found a boot argument that fixed the black screen issue for someone else: agdpmod=piker. I’ll report back after I have a chance to try it in a little while.

Keep in mind he does not have a Radeon VII, I believe he has a Vega 64.....you could always try the support community at: https://discordapp.com/invite/6qq7cP2

There's also this forum thread: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/338516-opencore-discussion/?page=56

I asked what all the hardware he has is because he said it’s very specific to his configuration, but didn’t get a response yet. I’ll try his SSDT’s, Kexts, and config settings converted to 0.0.4 and see how it goes. I also just found a boot argument that fixed the black screen issue for someone else: agdpmod=pikera. I’ll report back after I have a chance to try it in a little while.

EDIT: That boot argument didn’t work.
Gosh, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna regret this. :lol: Post both EFI ( OC & Clover ) & I'll take a look at them. BTW, I'm running FwRuntimeServices EFI now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 6.00.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 6.00.24 PM.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Welp took a shot at open core and couldn’t get it to boot. Just get “halting on critical error”. I need to look into the documentation whenever I have time

Got OC working but don't think it's 100% yet. Can't see my Windows EFI from the picker, and it doesn't look like all my SSDTs are loading properly. Anyone mind posting their OC 0.0.4 config file?

Got OC working but don't think it's 100% yet. Can't see my Windows EFI from the picker, and it doesn't look like all my SSDTs are loading properly. Anyone mind posting their OC 0.0.4 config file?

I will once I get it rock solid, but I'm gone for vacation for a few weeks. Sorry. :thumbdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back