Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries! Enjoy your vacation!

I can post without DeviceProperties for the SAGE/10G if you're willing to do those yourself...let me know.

I don't want to recommend it for other motherboards. Each setup needs to be a little different.

I can post without DeviceProperties for the SAGE/10G if you're willing to do those yourself...let me know.

I don't want to recommend it for other motherboards. Each setup needs to be a little different.

Post it pls. I have the same motherboard as you, would like to improve my current setting.

Keep in mind he does not have a Radeon VII, I believe he has a Vega 64.....you could always try the support community at: https://discordapp.com/invite/6qq7cP2

There's also this forum thread: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/338516-opencore-discussion/?page=56

Thanks I’ll check them out. I’ve already been looking at the Discord group, but maybe I’ll need to post to it for help. I’m sure I’m just doing something wrong and someone will see it as an easy fix.

Gosh, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna regret this. :lol: Post both EFI (OC & Clover) & I'll take a look at them. BTW, I'm running FwRuntimeServices EFI now.

Well I hope you don't regret it. And thank you for your help. Here they are with SN, SMUUID, etc removed. I'm sure you're going to look at it and find something stupid that I did wrong.

Attachments

• CLOVER_EFI.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 55
  • OC_EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 65
Have you tried Tony Arnold's OC EFI? Maybe between the two you might get closer.....as his is also a Prime Deluxe, but is based on 0.0.3, might be worthwhile to try his to see if it works, and then between the two see if you can identify the problem.....

For Tony's EFI you would have to adjust the TSAAdjstReset kext to the number of cores you have.....and there may be some other adjustments, of course....for instance, Tony's OC EFI is based on his system, which should be very similar to yours, but his system uses a Vega 64, not a Radeon VII....

I just tried tonyarnold's EFI (with some minor changes to my config), and I get a "Halting on critical error" message after selecting which OS to start.

I just tried tonyarnold's EFI (with some minor changes to my config) and I get a "Halting on critical error" message after selecting which OS to start.

I had a similar issue. I fixed it by rebooting using Clover and find the OC text log. I found out that I had the info.plst on one of my kexts wrong.

Edit: attached my config. Still need to figure out SSDT and getting Windows in the picker. Also, I can't seem to get USB working when I try to select which disk to boot from? (Think it works via BT but not USB keyboard.)

Last edited:
Yes and that’s actually how I started with it. I see now that’s it’s just been updated for 0.0.5.

No, that’s just a version change with a commit.
Latest release is 0.0.4 which came out yesterday with a lot of other drops from the same github.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back