Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ori69, can you please run the following commands in Linux (works also from Live CD) and attach the output ?
Code:
$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
$ cpuid
1. Save the complete output, even if it seems to be repetitive
2. cpuid probably needs to be installed first: eg: apt install cpuid

Can someone do the same with a 9900x which works?

Last edited:
@ori69, can you please run the following commands in Linux (works also from Live CD) and attach the output ?
Code:
$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
$ cpuid
1. Save the complete output, even if it seems to be repetitive
2. cpuid probably needs to be installed first: eg: apt install cpuid

Can someone do the same with a 9900x which works?
I'm not the only one with this problem:

Attachments

• CPU-Z 9900x.txt
    305.8 KB · Views: 92
As far as I know, 9800x, 9900x, 9940x and 9980xe are generally 'hackintoshable' and working with Mac Os Mojave (I do not know about HS).

As far as I know, 9800x, 9900x, 9940x and 9980xe are generally 'hackintoshable' and working with Mac Os Mojave (I do not know about HS).
Some work, others are not. And no one knows why.

Strange. I thought they worked except for 9820x and 9920x (not sure about 9960xe).

Anyway, some say it should be something related to the the CPU microcode as shown in the BIOS (this is the culprit).

From the logs, these 10 cores Skylake-X 9xx0X CPUs are 14 cores CPUs with 4 defective/disabled cores. I suspect that there are issues with the CPUs where the first core (#0) is defective. This may explain why only some 9900x works. The 8/ 14/ 18 cores CPUs have all cores active, nothing disabled, so core #0 is always active.

@Florin9doi Interesting...So the 10 core 9820x would share the same issue... What about the 12 core 9920x? could it be connected to some defective 9960x?

I'm unable to confirm without logs, but if we will document the problem better, maybe it will be resolved.

I'm unable to confirm without logs, but if we will document the problem better, maybe it will be resolved.
I will provide you with more data about non-working processors.
For now, I replaced the processor with i9 7900X and macOS works.

Last edited:
This is a report CPU-Z from i9 7900X.

Attachments

• 7900x.txt
    285.5 KB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back