Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 64gb 4x16 first and if it would work well to your expectations, then add another kit.

I have tested 64GB 3600 and it works no errors with MemTest. When adding the additional 2-4 sticks (+96GB/128GB), it starts throwing crazy errors. At 3600 it is unstable and the system will freeze within 10 minutes (tested under Windows).

At 3466 there was no system freeze for the whole kit, but a bunch of errors in Memtest and tiny issues like laggy cursor sometimes etc. But no system freezes.

I'm currently back on Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 64GB kit (4x16GB, 2400M/T) and no issues here and have returned the GSKILL kit for now until I figure stuff out.

Also it's important to get a whole kit since their serial numbers are consecutive...at least when you have so many DIMMs.

I have tested 64GB 3600 and it works no errors with MemTest. When adding the additional 2-4 sticks (+96GB/128GB), it starts throwing crazy errors. At 3600 it is unstable and the system will freeze within 10 minutes (tested under Windows).

At 3466 there was no system freeze for the whole kit, but a bunch of errors in Memtest and tiny issues like laggy cursor sometimes etc. But no system freezes.

I'm currently back on Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 64GB kit (4x16GB, 2400M/T) and no issues here and have returned the GSKILL kit for now until I figure stuff out.

Also it's important to get a whole kit since their serial numbers are consecutive...at least when you have so many DIMMs.
I expected that you would have tested 64GB combination. But this is a fact and we have to accept it when filling all RAM slots. My guess is most likely issue with MB.

I'm still very happy with my 4MB RAM upgrade on my Atari 1040st running at 8MHz.
(Sorry for that comment, I can't help myself :))

Anyone has information on X299 support for PCIe 4.0.?
I'd love to get my hands on the new Gigabyte Gen 4 M. 2 SSD. Crazy speed..

Anyone has information on X299 support for PCIe 4.0.?
I'd love to get my hands on the new Gigabyte Gen 4 M. 2 SSD. Crazy speed..

What information is there to provide?
Even latest 9th gen Intel CPUs only supports PCIe 3.0.

What information is there to provide?
Even latest 9th gen Intel CPUs only supports PCIe 3.0.
Only AMD cares about this?
I understand that Pcie 4.0 has (so far) only advantages on storage speed.. I understand why gamers would not care about this but post production houses & recording studios would definitely benefit from it. That is why I mentioned it for X299. Are you saying that Intel doesn't care about this?

Last edited:
I expected that you would have tested 64GB combination. But this is a fact and we have to accept it when filling all RAM slots. My guess is most likely issue with MB.

I guess yeah. Maybe a bad memory slot. But I still think its just the IMC on the CPU.

Only AMD cares about this?
I understand that Pcie 4.0 has (so far) only advantages on storage speed.. So are you saying that Intel doesn't care to provide future mobos with this feature?

PCIe 4.0 is coming, but even AMD had to put a high powered chipset (15w) on their X570 boards that require an active fan to cool it. It's pushing a lot of data.

Maybe Intel will skip 4.0 and go straight to 5.0 next year.

i have had problems with gskill memory in the past. no issues on designaire x299 with 128gb of corsair memory at stock speeds

Attachments

• IMG_20190708_104258.jpg
    IMG_20190708_104258.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back