Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any RAM experts here able to run at 3600Mhz?

I have this RAM and Prime Deluxe II is on the QVL list, but won’t run at 3600 XMP and has to be clocked down to 3466. Tried a voltage bump and no go. System becomes unstable and freezes after 10 mins (Windows and macOS).

GSKILL is saying go RMA and get a new one but wondering if it’s BIOS related?

EDIT:

Rolled back to 3 different BIOSes and still no help.

Ran Memtest86 on all different BIOSes and every time XMP is enabled (Doesn't matter which speed) there's a bunch of errors. When XMP is disabled, no errors.

Going to RMA this thing. Can't believe such expensive RAM has issues like this.

Last edited:
I got a first reply from Asus saying to revert back to BIOS 1301 and then again to BIOS 1704 using the BIOS Flash Back feature of the motherboard. They say to check if afterwards the "00000000" value is still present or is gone.
They also said they wrote to ASUS engineers to check if they have anything to say.

On this CPU I notices something weird.
Using Windows 10 Pro, after setting AllCore to 4.3Ghz I still get one of the cores, N.8 running at 4.1Ghz.
There's something weird on this CPU / Bios / Microcode regardless of MacOS.

Hi zzmadd,
another successfully build with a 9800X, and unsurprisingly no "00000000" value with the 9800X. Not a single problem to boot into 10.14.5 and also Catalina beta. But still a no go with my 9900X and your (or all) 9820X.
Any news from Asus?
Cheers, Zig

Hi zzmadd,
another successfully build with a 9800X, and unsurprisingly no "00000000" value with the 9800X. Not a single problem to boot into 10.14.5 and also Catalina beta. But still a no go with my 9900X and your (or all) 9820X.
Any news from Asus?
Cheers, Zig
What Asus replied was to try revert back to BIOS 1503 then again to BIOS 1704 and see if there was still the same "00000000" value.

Then I asked the local Asus support if they had a newer, maybe beta, BIOS with an updated microcode to try if it was resolved, and they said that the team back in Asia told them there was not any other BIOS for the platform.
Nothing new basically.

Thank you, zzmadd!
So we still have to wait... maybe Asrock brins a newer BIOS, the one for the X299 Taichi XE is from 30.10.2018 (1.80), and I always check my builds also with the Taichi...

Thank you, zzmadd!
So we still have to wait... maybe Asrock brins a newer BIOS, the one for the X299 Taichi XE is from 30.10.2018 (1.80), and I always check my builds also with the Taichi...
If you remember to wake me up if you have any news that'd be very much appreciated.

New BitsPower Radeon VII waterblock

I have this RAM and Prime Deluxe II is on the QVL list, but won’t run at 3600 XMP and has to be clocked down to 3466. Tried a voltage bump and no go. System becomes unstable and freezes after 10 mins (Windows and macOS).

EDIT:

Ran Memtest86 on all different BIOSes and every time XMP is enabled (Doesn't matter which speed) there's a bunch of errors. When XMP is disabled, no errors.

Sad...I had to part ways with the 128GB Samsung B-Die GSKILL RAM kit :(

Was getting constant errors in Memtest even at clocked down speeds at 3000MHz.

People have suggested it may be IMC related on the CPU (not up to snuff to support 8 sticks) or bad RAM or bad RAM slots on the mobo.

But for now I returned it and went back to the 2400MHz kit. I will miss those crazy speeds.

EDIT:

I was about to suggest to run memtest on it.
I have G.Skill 3200 so obviously never tried higher. Never found that RAM at this level made much difference.

FWIW, The 9980XE isn't rater for RAM at that speed.

I was about to suggest to run memtest on it.
I have G.Skill 3200 so obviously never tried higher. Never found that RAM at this level made much difference.

FWIW, The 9980XE isn't rater for RAM at that speed.

Well I got errors even at 2800 and below with this kit.

It may be kit related but also IMC quality on the cpu. It’s funny because Intel should be binning these.

GSKILL told me they have tested this cpu and mobo with that kit and it should run at the rated XMP speeds but it didn’t work for me so I returned it instead of RMAing.

Might have to try another brand/another kit later on.

Well I got errors even at 2800 and below with this kit.

It may be kit related but also IMC quality on the cpu. It’s funny because Intel should be binning these.

GSKILL told me they have tested this cpu and mobo with that kit and it should run at the rated XMP speeds but it didn’t work for me so I returned it instead of RMAing.

Might have to try another brand/another kit later on.
Get 64gb 4x16 first and if it would work well to your expectations, then add another kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back