Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I replaced my Vega Frontier (and nvidia 1080Ti) with a AMD 5700 XT (PowerColor Liquid Devil) worked first go, nothing to report really.
Under macOS 10.13 unfortunately, the screens stay all black. I had hoped it would at least show in VGA mode like it does on windows. Whenever I was rebooting under 10.13 (quite rate these days) I had to remove the nvidia one.

Geekbench 5 score:
OpenCL: 59787
Metal: 59719
10.13 ... hasn't got the RX 5700 XT driver I think

@r2tincan I am doing a bit of a card slot survey on machines specs similar to mine. Did you go with OpenCore or Clover? What slot is your Radeon VII in? Using NVMe? Slot? Titan Ridge card? Slot? Bluetooth card, slot? Thanks in advance!
I have Decklink slot 1
Titan Ridge Slot 2
Raid card slot 3
Slot 4 empty
Slot 5 Radeon

Nvme WiFi card lying down.
Booting now, btw

For the sage 10g, What front panel connector are you guys using for this board? I'm looking for something that connects to usb a key and front panel audio.

Any creative solution to internal usb2 for Bluetooth? Right now I'm using the internal usb 3 header and converting it, but losing the "other" USB 3 port.

How can I help to get 10th gen cpus working at full power? Who do I talk to? What do I try? My 10980xe performs much worse than the 9980xe kgp had with the same settings.

I have Decklink slot 1
Titan Ridge Slot 2
Raid card slot 3
Slot 4 empty
Slot 5 Radeon

Nvme WiFi card lying down.
Booting now, btw
Are you booting Catalina from a Raid Card?

kgp system was liquid cooled, delidded and extremely over clocked.

Are you booting Catalina from a Raid Card?

kgp system was liquid cooled, delidded and extremely over clocked.
I am running Mojave (I work in film and Catalina is too unstable even on real macs right now).

I am booting from a m2 NVME drive. It is in the raid card, yes.

I was originally booting from the m2 directly on the motherboard, but I keep having an issue where the m2 drive becomes unbootable, randomly, until a BIOS reflash! Not even clearing CMOS fixes it, only a reflash. The BIOS sees the m2 card, and it's working fine, but it can't boot from it. I took the m2 out of my motherboard and put it into the raid card to see if it would help, but the card was still not bootable until a bios reflash. I ended up just leaving the m2 in the raid card after my reflash and that's where I am now.

Anyone know how to avoid this error? Seems like a problem with the x299 Sage/10g bios.

Can anyone shed light on whether the i9 99x0's and/or 109x0's have any extra steps beyond the standard KGP setup?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back