Not open for further replies.
1. Radeon VII
2. Titan Ridge
3. Empty
4. Empty
5. WIFI/BT
6. Empty
7. USB Controller
This is exactly what I was looking for :) Thank you!

I am running Mojave (I work in film and Catalina is too unstable even on real macs right now).

I am booting from a m2 NVME drive. It is in the raid card, yes.

I was originally booting from the m2 directly on the motherboard, but I keep having an issue where the m2 drive becomes unbootable, randomly, until a BIOS reflash! Not even clearing CMOS fixes it, only a reflash. The BIOS sees the m2 card, and it's working fine, but it can't boot from it. I took the m2 out of my motherboard and put it into the raid card to see if it would help, but the card was still not bootable until a bios reflash. I ended up just leaving the m2 in the raid card after my reflash and that's where I am now.

Anyone know how to avoid this error? Seems like a problem with the x299 Sage/10g bios.

So, as I read somewhere else, it's not possible to boot macOS from a RAID 0 array. Would have been cool to set a RAID 0 array of 2xNVMEs and install macOS on it, that's how Mac Pros and iMac Pros work. It's probably due to the fact that the real controller on real Macs is integrated in the T2 chip, so no hope for us.

I have Decklink slot 1
Titan Ridge Slot 2
Raid card slot 3
Slot 4 empty
Slot 5 Radeon

Nvme WiFi card lying down.
Booting now, btw

Thank you for this info, helps a lot !

So, as I read somewhere else, it's not possible to boot macOS from a RAID 0 array. Would have been cool to set a RAID 0 array of 2xNVMEs and install macOS on it, that's how Mac Pros and iMac Pros work. It's probably due to the fact that the real controller on real Macs is integrated in the T2 chip, so no hope for us.
It is possible with the Highpoint card I have, but I have been having problems booting from a single m2 drive, the same drive, either in a raid card or just attached to the mobo.

Can anyone shed light on whether the i9 99x0's and/or 109x0's have any extra steps beyond the standard KGP setup?

Thank you!
10980xe here, booting with KGP's guide, but not full peformance. I think I need a fake cpu ID maybe?

1. Radeon VII
2. Titan Ridge
3. Empty
4. Empty
5. WIFI/BT
6. Empty
7. USB Controller

for anyone with OSXWIFI wireless/BT cards and a Sage 10G what did you end up doing with the USB cable that is on the card? It is a USB2 connector, did you not use it or connect to something else?

Thanks

for anyone with OSXWIFI wireless/BT cards and a Sage 10G what did you end up doing with the USB cable that is on the card? It is a USB2 connector, did you not use it or connect to something else?

Thanks
We have talked about this some pages back.

SAGE10G only has USB3 (1x) onboard header.

Use a USB 2.0 to USB3.0 header adapter to connect the Wifi/BT card and a PCIe USB adapter (with internal header) to connect to your cases front port.

We have talked about this some pages back.

SAGE10G only has USB3 (1x) onboard header.

Use a USB 2.0 to USB3.0 header adapter to connect the Wifi/BT card and a PCIe USB adapter (with internal header) to connect to your cases front port.
Thanks.

Hey all, quick question. Will the "USB port limit" patch that is described in the x299 Mojave KGP guide work for 10.13 SU?

It reads like it would, but I didn't know if there were different port limit patches for Mojave vs 10.13 etc.

I have a couple x299 deluxe rigs with 7980xe's that I use in my recording studio. I'm still on 10.13 and don't really want to mess with Mojave or Catalina at this time, but I did upgrade to SU not realizing that this was needed.

Thanks!

Hey all, quick question. Will the "USB port limit" patch that is described in the x299 Mojave KGP guide work for 10.13 SU?

It reads like it would, but I didn't know if there were different port limit patches for Mojave vs 10.13 etc.

I have a couple x299 deluxe rigs with 7980xe's that I use in my recording studio. I'm still on 10.13 and don't really want to mess with Mojave or Catalina at this time, but I did upgrade to SU not realizing that this was needed.

Thanks!

No, it's not compatible. Matter of fact, its highly suggested that you build a USB Map kext or SSDT (Kext is preffered and easier)

You can use Hackintool to create a kext and then clean it up a bit.

No, it's not compatible. Matter of fact, its highly suggested that you build a USB Map kext or SSDT (Kext is preffered and easier)

You can use Hackintool to create a kext and then clean it up a bit.

Thanks for that. Is there a guide for doing this with Hackintool? And/or I'm using a Asus x299 deluxe, is it possible that I can find a kext that's already setup? I don't really care which ports are disabled, I have my computers in a machine room and run 2 usb extenders to control rooms, so I only need 2 ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back