Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you boot into Windows and make it active then boot into macOS to see if it works?

Yes, that's the first thing I tried. What is odd is in Windows it wasn't working either. When I removed the thunderbolt drivers and reinstalled, it worked on Windows again. But when going back to macOS it wouldn't work

Yes, that's the first thing I tried. What is odd is in Windows it wasn't working either. When I removed the thunderbolt drivers and reinstalled, it worked on Windows again. But when going back to macOS it wouldn't work

Just some things to check... is the thunderbolt security level set at sl-0? Do you have a copy of your efi and ioreg?

Just some things to check... is the thunderbolt security level set at sl-0? Do you have a copy of your efi and ioreg?

Yes, security is set at SL-0.

Heres the EFI and IOREG... thanks for taking the time! :)

Attachments

• EFI nachosband.zip
    34.8 MB · Views: 151
  • nachosband IOREG.ioreg
    17.7 MB · Views: 82
  • System Report PCI nachosband.png
    System Report PCI nachosband.png
    774.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Thunderbolt BIOS Config.jpg
    Thunderbolt BIOS Config.jpg
    694.1 KB · Views: 86
Yes, security is set at SL-0.

Heres the EFI and IOREG... thanks for taking the time! :)

Can you try another TB cable and another TB device if you have it? Otherwise your EFI and IOReg look ok to me too.

Can you try another TB cable and another TB device if you have it? Otherwise your EFI and IOReg look ok to me too.

@izo1 @djlild7hina Thanks for your answers! I had my thunderbolt BIOS settings as per KGPs guide. I had to change the
Thunderbolt USB Support and Thunderbolt Boot Support to enabled for it to work properly.

I'm now up and running in Movaje :D

So, now that 10.14.5 has been released, I am still having scratchy audio on my DP monitor connection (Asus X299 Prime Deluxe motherboard). Has anyone else had any progress or insight on fixing this?

I've tried a bunch of different drivers (whatevergreen, applealc, kgp's aml, with and without them), HDMI audio (with a new cable), DP audio (again with a different cable), a different Radeon VII (original was Sapphire, current is MSI), a number of AppleALC device IDs, etc, etc. None of which has worked....

So, now that 10.14.5 has been released, I am still having scratchy audio on my DP monitor connection (Asus X299 Prime Deluxe motherboard). Has anyone else had any progress or insight on fixing this?

I've tried a bunch of different drivers (whatevergreen, applealc, kgp's aml, with and without them), HDMI audio (with a new cable), DP audio (again with a different cable), a different Radeon VII (original was Sapphire, current is MSI), a number of AppleALC device IDs, etc, etc. None of which has worked....

Have you tried if the problem remains in Windows? I prefer not to use audio passthrough with DP/HDMI, usually the audio components are weaker and basic. The audio out on the motherboard I/O panel usually has shielding and an integrated DAC for headphones.

Have you tried if the problem remains in Windows? I prefer not to use audio passthrough with DP/HDMI, usually the audio components are weaker and basic. The audio out on the motherboard I/O panel usually has shielding and an integrated DAC for headphones.

Thanks for your response.

It does not occur in Windows. Also, at one point, I moved the Sapphire Radeon VII (now returned) to my Z370 machine and did not experience the issue there either. If i use my Internal Speakers output (the green port), it works fine/okay, but that means I have to use external speakers.

I really like the Monitor I use and the speakers in it were and are terrific. They worked with my Vega 64, as well as with the 10.14.5 Beta, and there was no issue there, so that leaves macOS, the Asus X299 motherboard and the Radeon VII as not quite working well together.

So, I'm just reaching out to see if anyone else has any solutions, or insight on this issue.

I'm curious if any of the X299-A, X299 Tuf, X299 Sage, Gigabyte X299 owners have a Radeon VII with any of the same issues....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back