Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, now that 10.14.5 has been released, I am still having scratchy audio on my DP monitor connection (Asus X299 Prime Deluxe motherboard). Has anyone else had any progress or insight on fixing this?

I've tried a bunch of different drivers (whatevergreen, applealc, kgp's aml, with and without them), HDMI audio (with a new cable), DP audio (again with a different cable), a different Radeon VII (original was Sapphire, current is MSI), a number of AppleALC device IDs, etc, etc. None of which has worked....

Yep I have the same issue.

Going to look if this is mobo related.

I suggest using the Feedback app to send them feedback many times. Just don't attach the logs because it's not a real Mac. :think:

New Mac Pro “leak”

3DDF46EB-9E16-491F-8535-6AD94AEE033A.jpeg

New Mac Pro “leak”

View attachment 405481

Lol 8 thunderbolt 3 ports with support for thunderbolt 4 and ddr5.

I would love to just use my 2080 ti and sell my vega fe!

Looks like that may be a possibility in 10.15 (if the Mac Pro leak is real and Drivers API is real)...cross our fingers.

Companies like RED were giving Apple a hard time for not supporting NVIDIA, because they're the only ones who can do real time 8K editing on an RTX2080Ti (CUDA) and Apple doesn't support it.

The biggest markets for Macs are graphics professionals, post production houses (editing, VFX), music production, and coding...so if they solve the issue of the Mac Pro being "expandable" with at least the RAM and GPU being replaceable, I think they'll have a winner in their hand...and the Hackintosh community will of course benefit.

Last edited:
New Mac Pro “leak”

View attachment 405481

OMG :clap: fingers crossed for Nvidia support. This would be great if true!

Lol 8 thunderbolt 3 ports with support for thunderbolt 4 and ddr5.

All you have to do is mortgage your house (if you have one), got a spare $20,000 or so? We all know Apple's prices.....and I'm betting the pricing on this will be just as high, no, more likely higher than all the others....

Yep I have the same issue.

Going to look if this is mobo related.

I suggest using the Feedback app to send them feedback many times. Just don't attach the logs because it's not a real Mac. :think:

Given that I had a Radeon VII in an Asus Z370, and it didn't have that issue, I'm beginning to believe it most definitely is a motherboard issue - an Asus X299 issue. I'd just like to know if other X299 boards have the same problem in macOS - ie, a Gigabyte X299, ASrock, etc.

Given that I had a Radeon VII in an Asus Z370, and it didn't have that issue, I'm beginning to believe it most definitely is a motherboard issue - an Asus X299 issue. I'd just like to know if other X299 boards have the same problem in macOS - ie, a Gigabyte X299, ASrock, etc.

I definitely remember in 10.14.5 PB not even Vega FE had this issue (now I don't have this GPU anymore).

It's definitely a 10.14.5 issue because earlier PBs had less of this issue.

Looking at the logs, this might be the cause:

• Improved audio latency on 2018 MacBook Pro laptops

But as you said another board doesn't have this issue.

Going to spend some time to see if any BIOS changes will fix this issue for us with this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back