Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMFI = AppleMobileFileIntegrity check.

Are you using Clover or OpenCore? What boot arguments are you using? What is your SIP boot setting? Are you using FileVault (and which UEFI drivers)? Are you using NVRAM?

Do you place kext files in /L/E/ folder or keep all in kexts/other folder only in EFI boot folder? (They're best kept in kexts/other, and if removed from /L/E/ folder, the cache needs to be re-built: in Terminal, type: "sudo kextcache -i /" without quotes.)

It's my understanding that this can be a graphics issue. Has any settings in either BIOS or config file changed for graphics card (slot used vs BIOS setting)?

Was system booting okay until recently; if so, did anything change? Did this happen after the latest Mojave update (if so, download the delta, or the Combo, update and run again)?

Thanks for your reply.
I am using Clover 5070, NVRAM, no Filevault
Kexts are in EFI Partition, nothing changed in BIOS.
System boots fine, I was just worried about the error msgs.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 20.38.17.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 20.38.17.png
    24 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 20.38.03.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 20.38.03.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 20.37.39.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 20.37.39.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 20.37.14.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 20.37.14.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 60
Thanks for your reply.
I am using Clover 5070, NVRAM, no Filevault
Kexts are in EFI Partition, nothing changed in BIOS.
System boots fine, I was just worried about the error msgs.

I'm using same mobo but different kexts/drivers. SMCLightSensor is only useful for a laptop, but probably doesn't matter much either way. I've had various issues with different SmallTree~ versions; I use another version. I have switched back to using USBInjectAll with an SSDT UIAC file. I use a different bootloader. I am presently not using NVRAM or FileVault. I am also using Clover 5070.

Attached are what I'm using; all are current commits. Try them as you wish. (I did not include SSDT files, TSCAdjustReset, nor any USBInjectAll related files.)

Presently keepsyms=1 and dart=0 are my only boot arguments (aside from uia_exclude=HS09;HS10;HS13;SSP3;SSP4;SSP7;SSP8;USR1;USR2 which is for USBInjectAll).

Attachments

• Sample Files.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 72
Is there any difference in compatibility between Gigabyte GC-Alpine Ridge rev. 2 and the previous? It's not easy to find a revision 1 of that controller....Most seller have only the new rev 02

@izo1...i recently bought a pci-e wifi/BT card with your same chip BCM943602CS. I still own a Designareex x299, and you know how horrible and buggy is the bios! I removed phisically the internal wifi module, because gigabyte technicians didn't put in bios a menu to disable it! So....my wifi/bt card is recognized natively by Mojave 10.14.6 but only WIFI works. To enable bluetooth i must set as 255 the onboard usb2 port and...for me it's mandatory to use Brmcxxxxx kext provided by Rehabman....i think you don't use any of these kext right? But we have the same card so why i need Brmc kext to use it?

@izo1...i recently bought a pci-e wifi/BT card with your same chip BCM943602CS. I still own a Designareex x299, and you know how horrible and buggy is the bios! I removed phisically the internal wifi module, because gigabyte technicians didn't put in bios a menu to disable it! So....my wifi/bt card is recognized natively by Mojave 10.14.6 but only WIFI works. To enable bluetooth i must set as 255 the onboard usb2 port and...for me it's mandatory to use Brmcxxxxx kext provided by Rehabman....i think you don't use any of these kext right? But we have the same card so why i need Brmc kext to use it?

you will need the kext for that setup
255 is good for onboard usb2.0

i dont remember how i did it but definitely need kext and better antennas maybe?

I use PCIe WIFI/BT combo, they tend to have less reception issues, especially since all these Broadcom modules are pretty old by todays standards and we are forced to use them.

Hey @izo1!

I have a question regarding RAM. A while back you mentioned I would benefit from getting some 3600 CL17 RAM for my system since I'm running some very old RAM.

I finally went and looked at the QVL for my Prime Deluxe and found that there is no CL17 RAM at 128gb. The Sage appears to have 128gb kits at CL17 but I literally cannot find them anywhere.

I just found a killer deal on 128gb of 3466 CL16 TridentZ ($699 on newegg) which is on the QVL for my Deluxe and for the Sage.

Since I never knew much about CAS Latency and how it relates to the way I use ram (sample libraries, mostly) and I had no idea I should check the QVL (or that it even existed until recently), I wanted to ask your opinion on all of this.

If money were no object (but it is), would it benefit me significantly to upgrade to a WS Sage and hold out to find some 3600 CL17 kit, or would it just make sense for me to stick to grab this 3466 CL16 kit which would work for both mobos?

Thank you in advance!!

Hey @izo1!

I have a question regarding RAM. A while back you mentioned I would benefit from getting some 3600 CL17 RAM for my system since I'm running some very old RAM.

I finally went and looked at the QVL for my Prime Deluxe and found that there is no CL17 RAM at 128gb. The Sage appears to have 128gb kits at CL17 but I literally cannot find them anywhere.

I just found a killer deal on 128gb of 3466 CL16 TridentZ ($699 on newegg) which is on the QVL for my Deluxe and for the Sage.

Since I never knew much about CAS Latency and how it relates to the way I use ram (sample libraries, mostly) and I had no idea I should check the QVL (or that it even existed until recently), I wanted to ask your opinion on all of this.

If money were no object (but it is), would it benefit me significantly to upgrade to a WS Sage and hold out to find some 3600 CL17 kit, or would it just make sense for me to stick to grab this 3466 CL16 kit which would work for both mobos?

Thank you in advance!!

QVL lists are dumb and you dont have to follow it

But also remember filling all 8 slots in X299 is dependend on speed of the RAM and the motherboard.

For example, I couldnt even get 3000MHz 128GB to run on Prime Deluxe II.

Switching to SAGE 10/G I can run 128GB all day long.

You might have issues with the prime deluxe and that speed of RAM because high speed ram hits the IMC (integrated memory controller) really hard and prime deluxe is not really good for that much speed...but its worth a try you can always return to newegg.

QVL lists are dumb and you dont have to follow it

But also remember filling all 8 slots in X299 is dependend on speed of the RAM and the motherboard.

For example, I couldnt even get 3000MHz 128GB to run on Prime Deluxe II.

Switching to SAGE 10/G I can run 128GB all day long.

You might have issues with the prime deluxe and that speed of RAM because high speed ram hits the IMC (integrated memory controller) really hard and prime deluxe is not really good for that much speed...but its worth a try you can always return to newegg.
I see. That's a big vote for Sage.
If I did go that direction, what do you think about the CL16 3466 vs (the elusive) CL17 3600? Significant enough for me to not jump on this deal now (and pray it works w the Deluxe for now)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back