Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see. That's a big vote for Sage.
If I did go that direction, what do you think about the CL16 3466 vs (the elusive) CL17 3600? Significant enough for me to not jump on this deal now (and pray it works w the Deluxe for now)?

Use this to calculate latency

There isn't THAT much difference between 3466 and 3600. I am running at 3200 CL16 and am pretty happy. The 3600 @ CL17 was twice the price at the time when I bought the 3200, but the 3600 @ CL17 did not run on the Prime Deluxe II at all it was throwing memory errors...either the mobo was bad or just couldnt handle it. Thats a lot of speed hitting the IMC.

Samsung B die is expensive, but that deal you saw is probably Samsung B die. I think they stopped making those and there's now E-die from Crucial??

I see. That's a big vote for Sage.
If I did go that direction, what do you think about the CL16 3466 vs (the elusive) CL17 3600? Significant enough for me to not jump on this deal now (and pray it works w the Deluxe for now)?

Yes, it is a big vote for the Sage.....but, just in case, remember, on Asus motherboards the "MemOK" button is your friend......just in case you run into trouble....it doesn't always solve the problem, but sometimes it does.....

Use this to calculate latency

There isn't THAT much difference between 3466 and 3600. I am running at 3200 CL16 and am pretty happy. The 3600 @ CL17 was twice the price at the time when I bought the 3200, but the 3600 @ CL17 did not run on the Prime Deluxe II at all it was throwing memory errors...either the mobo was bad or just couldnt handle it. Thats a lot of speed hitting the IMC.

Samsung B die is expensive, but that deal you saw is probably Samsung B die. I think they stopped making those and there's now E-die from Crucial??
I got you! Ok, sounds like I should at least give it a shot, eh?

Is there any difference in compatibility between Gigabyte GC-Alpine Ridge rev. 2 and the previous? It's not easy to find a revision 1 of that controller....Most seller have only the new rev 02

Hi there @thenightflyer :

I've never seen a Rev. 1 card in the wild. I had an Alpine Ridge Rev. 2 on my 1st hack, and it was fine, except only one port was functional in OS X, so I had to daisy-chain my two TB devices: A TB2 BMD Multidock II and a TB2 UAD Apollo 8. In Windows 10, both ports worked, including hotplug. I fried the first Alpine Ridge card by leaving it in its slot during a Gigabyte BIOS update (!). Titan Ridge Rev. 2 works better for me because both ports work in OS X.

But here's something worth knowing: If you ever swap out cards or mobos, whatever; in Windows, uninstall whatever Thunderbolt drivers that were in there before, and install whatever come on your AIC disc: (i.e.) The Titan Ridge drivers that come with with the Asus X299 Prime Deluxe II will not work if you end up swapping out the mobo and installing an AIC to use on your previously working system.

I got you! Ok, sounds like I should at least give it a shot, eh?

Why not?

I dont know if this is the deal you were looking at:

But looks like a great deal. Just get 4 of these and give it a shot.

Worst case you can change to SAGE 10/G or return the memory.

I bought the 3200MHz trident Z separately and it worked perfectly, you dont really need to buy it as a "kit"

Why not?

I dont know if this is the deal you were looking at:

But looks like a great deal. Just get 4 of these and give it a shot.

Worst case you can change to SAGE 10/G or return the memory.

I bought the 3200MHz trident Z separately and it worked perfectly, you dont really need to buy it as a "kit"
This is the deal I saw
That TridentZ Neo looks like it's for AMD. Do you think it would still work for Intel?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Actually I use 4x8Gb of these sticks it's a lot cheaper than others more than half price (if someone don't need more than 64Gb in future)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTDEYHU/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

If I remember well, these RAM was on QVL list too, but personally I don't care, because a lot of times in my life, these QVL list was so small and don't even worth to look, when every time every sticks works great (in my case, so it doesn't mean it will be the same situation with others) :)

Asus X299 Deluxe II BIOS

Version 0802
2019/10/04
PRIME-X299-DELUXE-II BIOS 0802
1.Add support for Intel® Core™ X-Series 10000 Processor Family
2.Improve system performance and stability.
3. Change the default setting for ASUS MultiCore Enhancement to disabled.
Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (X299D2.CAP) using BIOSRenamer.

just ugraded to 0802, so far so good.

Hello,

After 10.14.6 update, I have instant wake issue.

log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

2019-09-16 11:55:20.591726+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XHC)

Edit:

The issue came with 9pin usb 2.0 header splitter:

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B0768H3WTB/?tag=tonymacx8607-21

The hot patch is fixed the problem but only wake using power button.

Comment: change Method(GPRW,2,N) to XPRW
Find: 4750525702
Replace: 5850525702

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back