Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope that's all you should need. The NZXT hub comes with a cable that connects from the white port to a usb 2 header. You don't connect the usb 3 to 2 adapter straight to the nzxt hub.
Amazing. Thanks so much!

Last question (regarding USB)
Has anyone tried one of these USB 3.1 to 3.0 adapters to get the front ports to work?
And I guess on that note, are there any devices that anyone plugs into these 3.1 ports in the first place (as of now)?

I'm tempted to try this one since the 011 dynamic xl has 4 front usb 3... Or just switch to a Rampage board lol.

Don't get the rampage board, the WS SAGE/10 is confirmed to work well :D
Just don't upgrade to 1102 BIOS, stick to 0905.

Cheapest I found in the US is at SuperBiiz.

But if you do want to experiment with RAMPAGE go for it. I personally am tired of swapping X299 boards haha

This one you linked should work well (technically its 2 ports per header, so 4 ports). As long as it's not a Fresco Logic, it should be ok. On Silverstone's website it says macOS is natively supported.

Amazing. Thanks so much!

Last question (regarding USB)
Has anyone tried one of these USB 3.1 to 3.0 adapters to get the front ports to work?
And I guess on that note, are there any devices that anyone plugs into these 3.1 ports in the first place (as of now)?

Yeah I tried this from 2 different brands, it did not work at all. On another forum someone confirmed if you make a custom one yourself it should work (making sure you follow proper pin-outs that is). But I'm too lazy for that. Technically that USB-C header on the SAGE/10G is a ASMedia ASM1142, same as the other card I posted. But for some reason this adapter doesn't work properly.

You might try this card and 2x of these adapters for 2 internal headers. Remember, each of the USB3.0 headers on either your motherboard or these cards are considered 2 ports per header, so technically you have 4 internal headers.

A single internal USB3.0 header is 2 USB3.0 ports (Or 2 2.0 ports, or a combination of both). But to split a single header into 2, you need some kind of adapter. I tried this and it didn't work at all. Something like this might work, just haven't tried.

Don't get the rampage board, the WS SAGE/10 is confirmed to work well :D
Just don't upgrade to 1102 BIOS, stick to 0905.

Cheapest I found in the US is at SuperBiiz.

But if you do want to experiment with RAMPAGE go for it. I personally am tired of swapping X299 boards haha

This one you linked should work well (technically its 2 ports per header, so 4 ports). As long as it's not a Fresco Logic, it should be ok. On Silverstone's website it says macOS is natively supported.

Yeah I tried this from 2 different brands, it did not work at all. On another forum someone confirmed if you make a custom one yourself it should work (making sure you follow proper pin-outs that is). But I'm too lazy for that. Technically that USB-C header on the SAGE/10G is a ASMedia ASM1142, same as the other card I posted. But for some reason this adapter doesn't work properly.

You might try this card and 2x of these adapters for 2 internal headers. Remember, each of the USB3.0 headers on either your motherboard or these cards are considered 2 ports per header, so technically you have 4 internal headers.

A single internal USB3.0 header is 2 USB3.0 ports (Or 2 2.0 ports, or a combination of both). But to split a single header into 2, you need some kind of adapter. I tried this and it didn't work at all. Something like this might work, just haven't tried.

Oh, I’m tired of swapping X299 boards too but the Rampage Omega just looks nice, lol. If Asus gave the sage a Rampage Omega makeover, I’d buy that. Just need to suck it up and stick with what I have. Almost bought a new one for like $400ish on eBay.

Oh, I’m tired of swapping X299 boards too but the Rampage Omega just looks nice, lol. If Asus gave the sage a Rampage Omega makeover, I’d buy that. Just need to suck it up and stick with what I have. Almost bought a new one for like $400ish on eBay.

Haha, agreed. It looks much nicer. I kind of miss the Prime Deluxe II, but, oh well. Stability > Looks for me. WS is understated and not too fancy.

I was also looking at the RAMPAGE before the 10G, and was willing to try that first, but then when some people confirmed SAGE/10G doesn't have the scratchy Radeon VII audio issue, I jumped on that and that board also fixed my memory problems.

Haha, agreed. It looks much nicer. I kind of miss the Prime Deluxe II, but, oh well.
Stability > Looks for me. WS is understated and not too fancy.

I was also looking at the RAMPAGE before the 10G, and was willing to try that first, but then when some people confirmed SAGE/10G doesn't have the scratchy Radeon VII audio issue, I jumped on that and that board also fixed my memory problems.
Curious - what was unstable about the Prime Deluxe for you?

Curious - what was unstable about the Prime Deluxe for you?

I had the version II, went through 3 boards.

1st one, from factory the CPU pins were bent (purchased retail)
2nd one, instability while overclocking, Radeon VII sound glitches (DisplayPort audio)
3rd one, OC worked better, Radeon VII sound glitches were there, added memory above 64GB and it threw all kinds of errors and froze system. So was unable to run 128GB memory at any speeds above 2133MHz without issues.

Switched to SAGE/10G, and all is well (for now haha).

My first board was a X299 Designare EX, but I am never getting a Gigabyte board again because the dual BIOS is ridiculous and crashed on me and after 2 RMA exchanges, the problem was still there. Their support is horrible too.

On another note, has anyone been able to bypass the 75c Upper Limit for ASUS Q-Fan Control in the BIOS?

I understand you can use FanXpert...but is there a way to bypass this in the BIOS?

i set water pump to full speed. and all others fans to depend on T-sensor.

Haha, agreed. It looks much nicer. I kind of miss the Prime Deluxe II, but, oh well. Stability > Looks for me. WS is understated and not too fancy.

Yeah, the sage boards don't look too bad but they are just missing a few bells and whistles that the mainstream boards have. It would be nice if the Sage had the OLED screen and some more armor covering with more internal fan headers and usb headers.

I had the version II, went through 3 boards.

1st one, from factory the CPU pins were bent (purchased retail)
2nd one, instability while overclocking, Radeon VII sound glitches (DisplayPort audio)
3rd one, OC worked better, Radeon VII sound glitches were there, added memory above 64GB and it threw all kinds of errors and froze system. So was unable to run 128GB memory at any speeds above 2133MHz without issues.

Switched to SAGE/10G, and all is well (for now haha).

My first board was a X299 Designare EX, but I am never getting a Gigabyte board again because the dual BIOS is ridiculous and crashed on me and after 2 RMA exchanges, the problem was still there. Their support is horrible too.

Yikes! lol I've been thru my share of boards (mostly impulse buys) but I think my Sage boards were always the most stable.
1 - X299 Strix (Just bought to make sure my 7980XE from ebay worked)
2 - WS X299 Sage - 1st one RMA'd for a bent pin, sold my replacement
3 - Deluxe - Bought since I didn't figure out half of kgps guide (SSDTs) sold after I figured it out lol
4 - Rampage VI Extreme - Had an error code every boot with XMP so would have to restart.
5 - WS X299 Sage/10G - current board

Also I tried messing through the monitor settings and nothing seemed to work. It's a minor annoyance though

Yeah the sage boards don't look too bad but they are just missing a few bells and whistles that the mainstream boards have. It would be nice if the Sage had the OLED screen and some more armor covering with more internal fan headers and usb headers.

Yikes lol i've been thru my share of boards (mostly impulse buys) but I think my Sage boards were always the most stable.
1 - X299 Strix (Just bought to make sure my 7980XE from ebay worked)
2 - WS X299 Sage - 1st one RMA'd for a bent pin, sold my replacement
3 - Deluxe - Bought since I didn't figure out half of kgps guide (SSDTs) sold after I figured it out lol
4 - Rampage VI Extreme - Had an error code every boot with XMP so would have to restart.
5 - WS X299 Sage/10G - current board

Also I tried messing through the monitor settings and nothing seemed to work. It's a minor annoyance though

Try a different DP Cable, not sure exactly why that's happening and it shouldn't.

Do you have another monitor to test? Or at least HDMI on the same monitor? Or even connect to any HDTV with HDMI to test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back