Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

Nvm

Last edited:
hey guys, can anybody point me to a 6700 xt ssdt?

edit: my mistake, I meant 6900 XT of course

Last edited:
is one really required?
I had one for my rx 590 and had the feeling, that it worked better. Especially with connecting and reconnecting monitors. Without my 6700 xt stays black sometimes, despite pikera flag

edit: my mistake, I meant 6900 XT of course

Last edited:
I had one for my rx 590 and had the feeling, that it worked better. Especially with connecting and reconnecting monitors. Without my 6700 xt stays black sometimes, despite pikera flag
That's because the 6700 series cards are not supported in OSX, at all. No SSDT will fix that because there are no drivers for them in the OS. Unfortunately to run OSX its best to get yourself a different card like the 6600, 6800 or 6900 variants.

That's because the 6700 series cards are not supported in OSX, at all. No SSDT will fix that because there are no drivers for them in the OS. Unfortunately to run OSX its best to get yourself a different card like the 6600, 6800 or 6900 variants.
oh crap, of course I meant 6900 XT. Sorry guys, same question?

oh crap, of course I meant 6900 XT. Sorry guys, same question?
Is it an XTH version, normally it’s natively supported otherwise.

Is it an XTH version, normally it’s natively supported otherwise.
Just XT. I'm pretty happy with it. It's just sometimes connecting and reconnecting monitors results in black screen and then I have to manually power cycle the machine.
Also sometimes when I boot my monitors will be set to vairable refresh rate, which is not suported and results in flickering in some videos:
1689090053919.png

Also without any modification the workload policy was set to 0x10, which accoring to this https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.Radeon.en.md means VR_WORKLOAD.
So I set it to 0x08 — VIDEO_WORKLOAD which gave me more points in Geekbench and works stable so far so good.
These are the modification I've made so far:
1689090284991.png

I will give it another week of testing. We'll see how it goes

BTW: It'S just the normal 6900 XT Reference version, which I thought has the most compatibility

Last edited:
Just XT. I'm pretty happy with it. It's just sometimes connecting and reconnecting monitors results in black screen and then I have to manually power cycle the machine.
Also sometimes when I boot my monitors will be set to vairable refresh rate, which is not suported and results in flickering in some videos:
View attachment 568928

Also without any modification the workload policy was set to 0x10, which accoring to this https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.Radeon.en.md means VR_WORKLOAD.
So I set it to 0x08 — VIDEO_WORKLOAD which gave me more points in Geekbench and works stable so far so good.
These are the modification I've made so far:
View attachment 568929
I will give it another week of testing. We'll see how it goes

BTW: It'S just the normal 6900 XT Reference version, which I thought has the most compatibility
Hopefully you've made some lasting progress. I have a reference AMD Radeon 6800 XT and a 6900XT and have never had to adjust or add to the Device Properties outside of labeling what type of video card is being used. I also don't use power play settings, they both work fine as is (but trust me we all know here that's not always the case). Have you tried it without?

Display settings can be affected by a variety of things, the cables you are using, HDMI vs Display Port output and even the monitor itself can play a part. You might as an option try SwitchResX, which is free to try utility, that can get you more control over refresh rates and screen settings. Might not make any difference though.

Hopefully you've made some lasting progress. I have a reference AMD Radeon 6800 XT and a 6900XT and have never had to adjust or add to the Device Properties outside of labeling what type of video card is being used. I also don't use power play settings, they both work fine as is (but trust me we all know here that's not always the case). Have you tried it without?

Display settings can be affected by a variety of things, the cables you are using, HDMI vs Display Port output and even the monitor itself can play a part. You might as an option try SwitchResX, which is free to try utility, that can get you more control over refresh rates and screen settings. Might not make any difference though.
Hope so too. SwitchResX is my go-to for several years already ;)
Have you tried it without?
Yes, of course I have, no difference so far.

Do you have some experience with Resizable Bar?

Back