Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

I did a bit more looking in IOReg and I am seeing this:
Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 11.52.20 AM.png

This is w/o any SSDT.

Which SSDT would you suggest adding to?

Yes and Ethernet works just fine. But speedwise I can't confirm the 10G as I don't have anything connected 10G capable.
When I test mine I’ll check. I have fibre to the home 3 gigabit up and down so we’ll know quickly if it works ok. Whenever I get time that is!
“Whenever I get time that is!” - October 2022

Today is Ventura update day. There is no time

Relatively painless - the only weird quirk was, the network autonegoitated the network to gigabit so I manually forced 10Gbase-T but then it worked.

Very odd. Seemed rather painless. All I did was CCC to an external (with the legacy boot option), copied my EFI from the working machine, verified that it booted off the external properly, then I updated OpenCore to the latest, rebooted, used the standard software update feature in System Preferences.

On the topic of System Preferences - wow this new panel is trash.
Screenshot 2023-05-14 at 6.32.25 PM.png

So here's a weird issue.

Before I updated to the latest Ventura (12.4) - I noticed my upload speed has been slower out of nowhere on 13.3.1a. Now I'm not complaining, it's still insanely fast and I love it, but I don't know what changed. I did the 12.4 update and all seems well, but I got the wonderful warning about my SmallTree drivers being incompatible with future MacOS updates.

Here's my new speed test results, repeatable and consistently slower than the post above this one. I tried letting MacOS autonegotiate the 10GbE card, I tried turning off 'Limit IP Address Tracking' - iCloud Private Relay is disabled. I'm not sure what's happening.

Also, I know the network itself hasn't lost speed as on the router itself, it gets the full speed as per speed tests. When I was on Monterey, I never saw the upload dip before, and the only change I made was updating this machine to Ventura.

Anybody have any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 11.12.15 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 11.12.15 AM.png
    983 KB · Views: 13
Man it has been a LONG time since I updated my hackintosh. Been at it for a few days and I still can't get any boot drive to load (usb 3.0 200+G). Curious if anyone can share their EFI and has similar specks to me who is running Ventura. What I have tried. Opencore guide. OCAuxiliaryTools.app... I even tried loading a few EFIs I found in this thread. On Day 3 and no go with any. Worried I might be loading the wrong Ventura version (downloading the earliest I can find now). I have only been using the latest release. My current setup is running well on 10.15.7 (yeah I know it's dated but some of my work was just to sensitive to risk and update until now. Tried both SMBIOS profiles....

Hardware

MB: ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe II X299 Motherboard LGA2066 (I did update the wifi to a native Broadcom board but I don't really need it)
BIOS: 3201

CPU: Intel Core i9-10980XE

Graphics: Radeon RX 5700 XT

1Tb NVme
All EFIs get me half way loaded on the apple screen and the I get a link to apple.

Attachments

• EFI OLD.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 50
Man it has been a LONG time since I updated my hackintosh. Been at it for a few days and I still can't get any boot drive to load (usb 3.0 200+G). Curious if anyone can share their EFI and has similar specks to me who is running Ventura. What I have tried. Opencore guide. OCAuxiliaryTools.app... I even tried loading a few EFIs I found in this thread. On Day 3 and no go with any. Worried I might be loading the wrong Ventura version (downloading the earliest I can find now). I have only been using the latest release. My current setup is running well on 10.15.7 (yeah I know it's dated but some of my work was just to sensitive to risk and update until now. Tried both SMBIOS profiles....

Hardware

MB: ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe II X299 Motherboard LGA2066 (I did update the wifi to a native Broadcom board but I don't really need it)
BIOS: 3201

CPU: Intel Core i9-10980XE

Graphics: Radeon RX 5700 XT

1Tb NVme
All EFIs get me half way loaded on the apple screen and the I get a link to apple.
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Hey I went from 12.6.3 to 13.2 with no issues at all. I'm on x299 Asus Tuf Mark 1 with 10900x.

For me it feels even smoother on as it was on Monterey, wehre I had mds_stores at 100% CPU load for 10 minutes on fresh boot. With Ventura it is gone and my machine stays cooler!

There's also a system settings bug were the alert sound loops on dialog popups, which occurs also on real macs.
Has anyone a fix for that?
Hey! Thanks for the report. Can u please share ur files? My machine stacking with infinite reboot loop after main install of the Ventura. i'm on mark 1 too with i7-7800x

Back