Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

I shutdown my old one but just recently restored the majority of it
What was it that brought you back to using a hackintosh after switching to Apple Silicon ?

I deleted my githubs since I dont have hackintosh anymore

What was it that brought you back to using a hackintosh after switching to Apple Silicon ?

I'm not fully switching back. Just bringing the GitHub up to date and was curious about macOS Ventura but that's not in public beta yet

Last edited:
Little update on my Sage/10G RMA I mentioned a little back. Asus has a component shortage now but they're expecting my replacement board to be there in a couple weeks. So hopefully i'll have a board again by the end of the month :)

Hello. Successfully installed to ASUS X299 TUF Mark I, AMD Radeon RX 560 4 GB, 3,5 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7-7800X w/ OC 0.8.0

Hello. Successfully installed to ASUS X299 TUF Mark I, AMD Radeon RX 560 4 GB, 3,5 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7-7800X w/ OC 0.8.0
I have same motherboard, I have not managed to install 12.4, could you share your efi to compare? , Thank you

here it is. generate new serial and update your bios to last version

Attachments

• my-monterey-installer-efi.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 59
View attachment 548909

Build: Gigabyte x299 Designaire EX | i9 9820X | RX 570 4GB | based on this x299 guide

I’m getting this booting error after updating Clover from 5058 (Mojave) to 5146. I didn’t update my kexts this time (trying to isolate the problem), but I had the same issue when I did. After the kdp_core line the ACPI lines load very slowly.

My original EFI had a driver called AptioMemoryFix that is still in the folder, and apparently it’s built into Clover now? I’m not sure what file it was replaced by if I installed it with the package or not. Openruntime was installed but there’s also an AptioInputFix available. Not sure if this is contributing to my issue?

I’ve attached the diff I did between the two EFI folders if it’s helpful at all.View attachment 548910

EDIT: added build specs and link to guide
I have this exact board, Gigabyte Designaire EX, but I'm running OpenCore 0.8.0 in Monterey 12.4 I never used Clover before, only OC.
If there is something I can help you with I'll try, even the Bios Settings.
Thanks,
JC

Hey all.

So I did the USB mapping and all my ports are working on my ASUS X299 Sage/10G - some weirdness though.

- My USB 3 ports don't seem to work with any USB 2 devices.
- My Thunderbolt 3 Caldigit TS3 Plus' USB ports are not all working. Some are, but some are either not working or working intermittently since I did the mapping.

Do I need to re-do the mapping with the Caldigit included? I didn't do it as I didn't think I needed to include the dock.

Is the USB 2 devices not working on the USB 3 ports a normal thing? It's not the end of the world as I have some USB 2 only ports on the top of my case- but this is a little annoying.

Hey all.

So I did the USB mapping and all my ports are working on my ASUS X299 Sage/10G - some weirdness though.

- My USB 3 ports don't seem to work with any USB 2 devices.
- My Thunderbolt 3 Caldigit TS3 Plus' USB ports are not all working. Some are, but some are either not working or working intermittently since I did the mapping.

Do I need to re-do the mapping with the Caldigit included? I didn't do it as I didn't think I needed to include the dock.

Is the USB 2 devices not working on the USB 3 ports a normal thing? It's not the end of the world as I have some USB 2 only ports on the top of my case- but this is a little annoying.

You‘ll need to look at your mappings. USB 2 devices should work in USB 3 ports (The sage/10G only has usb 3 ports) unless you disabled them in your mapping. The Sage only has 12 ports (6 SS/6 HS) + 1 internal for the Aura RGB if you really want to enable that. That leaves you with 13 ports so it still falls under the 15 port limit for macOS.
Caldigit doesn’t need mapping since it has its own USB controllers.

My GitHub has a mapping already for the Sage/10G but I believe one of them is marked internal since I was using it for Bluetooth

Back