Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

I have read that adding fips_mode=4 in kernel flag work, I haven't tried it yet.
Does anyone know what this command affects?
never heard of it.
I'm curious what it's designed for ;)

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/HWMonitorSMC2 HwMonitorSMC2 you need VirtualSMC drivers for that
So this works, without any changes to my config.plist so that's awesome. I wonder why iStat isn't working properly to show all my cores. It stops at 10 when I have 18 which do show up using HwMonitorSMC2 - strange.

Also, you can use RadeonSensor — works real nice for me!

This works for GPU temperature, but this tool doesn't allow me to see GPU clock speeds. Is there a kext to install to bring this back for apps like iStat Menus to show it in Monterey?

Hey all,

Back in 2019 I built a hack with a GB x299 Designaire EX and i9-9820X using this guide by @kgp. It needs to be updated, but I used his custom EFI from the guide that I have no idea how to get ready for Monterey (or even Big Sur if it's not ready for Monterey). Because it's customized Clover won't update out of the box and I'm not sure what I should and shouldn't replace in the EFI folder. My knowledge of all this is very basic unfortunately. Is there any help anyone can give me or point me in the right direction? Thanks for any help!

Hey all,

Back in 2019 I built a hack with a GB x299 Designaire EX and i9-9820X using this guide by @kgp. It needs to be updated, but I used his custom EFI from the guide that I have no idea how to get ready for Monterey (or even Big Sur if it's not ready for Monterey). Because it's customized Clover won't update out of the box and I'm not sure what I should and shouldn't replace in the EFI folder. My knowledge of all this is very basic unfortunately. Is there any help anyone can give me or point me in the right direction? Thanks for any help!
I'm joining you about Monterey with i9-9820X with Opencore
I didn't succeed . I'll have another shot next week. I'll report.
Have a nice day

Hey all,

I was in that same boat, but KGP made this possible for me (at one point), and so many people as well. Ever since he retired from doing this a couple of years ago, everybody else here (who have the same coding experience), have been extremely helpful! I couldn't ask for a better group of people!

Here's what I will say (and this is just my opinion), with all the motherboards out there, the one that has worked for me (when it comes to the X299 type motherboards), is the Asus Prime X299-DELUXE (along with the Asus Prime X299-DELUXE II and a couple of other motherboards). The GPU you're using (so far that I know), is still great and doesn't need to be upgraded. So you should be good there.

So with all that said, you may look into getting the Asus Prime X299-DELUXE (new or used), on eBay. djlild7hina, djbuddha (and a few others on here), were easily able to help me with my existing EFI folder and make the necessary tweaks on my existing files to make things work more efficiently. Start ups are faster and I'm able to use 3 x 32" 4K monitors running on one 6900XT GPU. I'm still impressed by the production speeds when using apps like Photoshop, Premiere Pro and so on.

I'm currently using macOS v12.3.1 and will updating today to macOS v12.4. I think (from what I'm reading with what djbuddha said), I'll see what happens with using iStat after the upgrade and if I go through the same minor issue he's going through. But with that said, I'm very impressed and grateful for having this system work the way it does. So much so, that I have a backup system using the very same motherboard and same GPU. I couldn't have done this without the support of all these people here on this post! Hope with what I shared helps.

I'm joining you about Monterey with i9-9820X with Opencore
I didn't succeed . I'll have another shot next week. I'll report.
Have a nice day
Is this a new build or you’re updating it? I remember having to tweek things to get that CPU to work with Mojave.

I was in that same boat, but KGP made this possible for me (at one point), and so many people as well. Ever since he retired from doing this a couple of years ago, everybody else here (who have the same coding experience), have been extremely helpful! I couldn't ask for a better group of people!

Here's what I will say (and this is just my opinion), with all the motherboards out there, the one that has worked for me (when it comes to the X299 type motherboards), is the Asus Prime X299-DELUXE (along with the Asus Prime X299-DELUXE II and a couple of other motherboards). The GPU you're using (so far that I know), is still great and doesn't need to be upgraded. So you should be good there.

So with all that said, you may look into getting the Asus Prime X299-DELUXE (new or used), on eBay. djlild7hina, djbuddha (and a few others on here), were easily able to help me with my existing EFI folder and make the necessary tweaks on my existing files to make things work more efficiently. Start ups are faster and I'm able to use 3 x 32" 4K monitors running on one 6900XT GPU. I'm still impressed by the production speeds when using apps like Photoshop, Premiere Pro and so on.

I'm currently using macOS v12.3.1 and will updating today to macOS v12.4. I think (from what I'm reading with what djbuddha said), I'll see what happens with using iStat after the upgrade and if I go through the same minor issue he's going through. But with that said, I'm very impressed and grateful for having this system work the way it does. So much so, that I have a backup system using the very same motherboard and same GPU. I couldn't have done this without the support of all these people here on this post! Hope with what I shared helps.
Thank you! I’m hoping I can get something to work with this board before I have to recommend a different board. Unfortunately not enough research was done before picking out that board/CPU

Well, I just updated to v12.4 and so far, so good. Even iStat Menu v6.62 (1191) is working fine and just checked the CPU core readings and it's working fine. Took a pic and included it (below). I'll be running this for the 2 to 3 days and see if everything continues to work fine. I'll keep you updated.

Attachments

• i9-7980XE CPU iStat Reading.jpg
    i9-7980XE CPU iStat Reading.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 38
never heard of it.
I'm curious what it's designed for ;)
I use fips_mode=4 in kernel flag and no corecrypto error , it finishes loading, the black screen goes on and it restarts, it doesn't finish working:|

I have exactly the same issue (kernel panic). I hope someone find a solution about it.

** 99% you can upgrade to version 12.3.1 and lower, but not in 12.4
did you get it to work? , I have tried to create a usb drive to install 12.4 and it does not work, same error and does not load.

did you get it to work? , I have tried to create a usb drive to install 12.4 and it does not work, same error and does not load.
with version 12.4 you need to use fips_mode=4
after I set fips_mode the error disappear and I successfully completed the installation without issues.
I hope this will solve your issue to.

Back