Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

Hey as long as it works lol. Could also be something missing from my EFI but not sure. its harder to debug without a hack and I could’ve missed something.

Im not entirely sure on the ssd thing but it may be a missing efi driver or something. X299Sata should already be enabled though but don’t think it’s required.

Above 4G Encoding is important to have and I know you mentioned you had to enable CSM so wonder if there's a conflict there.

You can check the Dortania guide here for SATA issues

Thank you. I'll look into it. Very strange that it only affects ssd and not spin disk.

Hey as long as it works lol. Could also be something missing from my EFI but not sure. its harder to debug without a hack and I could’ve missed something.

Im not entirely sure on the ssd thing but it may be a missing efi driver or something. X299Sata should already be enabled though but don’t think it’s required.

Above 4G Encoding is important to have and I know you mentioned you had to enable CSM so wonder if there's a conflict there.

You can check the Dortania guide here for SATA issues

I tried the Catalina patch CtlnaAHCIPort and also the XHCI unsupported patch. None works. Also I tried booting with your base EFI and it's still not working. Very puzzling....

When I try to mount the missing ssd SATA drive, this error came out.

com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49153

What does it mean? This could be a clue to what is wrong with my sys.

Thanks.

@djlild7hina I've been using your EFI base for a little over a year. Thank you so much for providing a simple base for us x299 users.
FWIW I upgraded to 12.3 RC and have terrible metal issues now (OC 0.7.9 from base w/ my own DSDT). Freezing, crashing, session closing whenever certain video codecs are called. I suggest any 5700xt users hold off on 12.3 RC :)

Thanks for sharing such good info.
I've spent lots time on this.
By copying all you shared the EFI, my Monterey 12.2.1 installation boot got hung, then I added TSCAdjustReset.kext,
the subsequent boot went into black screen,
I further removed the following section in the config:
<key>7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
<array>
<string>boot-args</string>
<string>ForceDisplayRotationInEFI</string>
</array>

the same hung encountered again with the same error stopped at the line of :
internal event: WILL+SPAWM. code=0.

I have the new config and logs attached, anyone got any suggestion for me?

Introduction
The X299 Monterey Support thread is meant for support/discussion of ASUS X299 motherboards running on OpenCore. Since most user builds are on ASUS motherboards, other manufacturer systems (Gigabyte, MSI, ASRock, EVGA) may not receive as much support. Although this thread does not include a full guide, I have setup a github repo based on my personal build that ASUS users can use as a reference.

Guide
Github Files/Guide
  • ASUS X299 Hackintosh
    • ASUS BASE-EFI- Pre-built EFI using the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS that should be valid for all ASUS X299 motherboards. It is built using my personal build as a baseline with the OpenCanopy GUI. NOTE: Some config settings are different than the Skylake-X section of the Dortania OpenCore Vanilla Guide to be compatible with ASUS motherboards.
      • Recommended BIOS Settings
      • config.plist Configuration
      • Post-Install
    • Custom BIOS Collection - Modified BIOS .CAP files that have custom boot logos and/or other modifications.
    • Thunderbolt - Information about configuring Thunderbolt 3/4 for macOS
    • GUIDE: Intel 10 Gigabit NICs with Small Tree macOS Drivers
Personal Build
Personal build running on macOS Monterey. More info located here

View attachment 539460
What Works
  • Sleep / Wake
  • Wifi and Bluetooth
  • Handoff, Continuity, AirDrop, Continuity Camera, Universal Control, and Unlock with Apple Watch
  • iMessage, FaceTime, App Store, iTunes Store
  • 1 Ethernet
  • 10G Ethernet
  • HEVC, H.264
  • Onboard audio
  • TRIM
  • USB 2.0
  • USB 3.2 Gen 1
  • USB 3.2 Gen 2
  • DRM
  • Native NVRAM
  • CPU Power Management
  • USB Power
  • Thunderbolt 3/4 hot-plug
What Doesn't Work
  • SideCar
    • Due to some T2 chip dependancies on MacPro7,1 and iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS
Extras

Attachments

• config.plist
    40.8 KB · Views: 29
  • opencore-2022-03-14-231256.txt
    256 KB · Views: 42
Thanks for sharing such good info.
I've spent lots time on this.
By copying all you shared the EFI, my Monterey 12.2.1 installation boot got hung, then I added TSCAdjustReset.kext,
the subsequent boot went into black screen,
I further removed the following section in the config:
<key>7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
<array>
<string>boot-args</string>
<string>ForceDisplayRotationInEFI</string>
</array>

the same hung encountered again with the same error stopped at the line of :
internal event: WILL+SPAWM. code=0.

I have the new config and logs attached, anyone got any suggestion for me?

I don't have my X299 Hackintosh but I updated the Base-EFI on my github to OC release 0.7.9 so you can try using that. Also I wouldn't remove that section in the config. You can only use TSCAdjustReset or CpuTscSync, they can't be enabled at the same time.

@djlild7hina I've been using your EFI base for a little over a year. Thank you so much for providing a simple base for us x299 users.
FWIW I upgraded to 12.3 RC and have terrible metal issues now (OC 0.7.9 from base w/ my own DSDT). Freezing, crashing, session closing whenever certain video codecs are called. I suggest any 5700xt users hold off on 12.3 RC :)

Glad to help! Yeah Monterey seems to be filled with bugs even on the M1 side :(. I've had annoying memory leaks on my M1 air

I think people are reporting issues on Macrumors too for degraded GPU performance on 12.3

Last edited:
I don't have my X299 Hackintosh but I updated the Base-EFI on my github to OC release 0.7.9 so you can try using that. Also I wouldn't remove that section in the config. You can only use TSCAdjustReset or CpuTscSync, they can't be enabled at the same time.
I've tried your new 0.7.9 OC from Github, is it named DJ7-EFI-079-ASUS-X299.zip?
I constantly encounter this error.

Attachments

• opencore-2022-03-15-102042.txt
    256 KB · Views: 39
  • config.plist
    40.1 KB · Views: 31
It looks like 12.3 is breaking compatibility with 6800 | 6800XT | 6900XT | 5700XT | VII cards (glitches, halved performances...)

Back