Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

Ok .... so that was easy- like scary easy.

(I went through the guide to make see what exactly I had to do) and just made sure I added my newly generated serial number, SMBIOS etc before running the installer), added my SmallTree drivers (had patched in Ubuntu a little while ago to enable them both) and if you use Universal Audio, you'll see my Thunderbolt 3 is working (no hotplug yet, I have to install the altered SSDT @djlild7hina linked above still). I also haven't done the MAC address stuff as of yet, but I'm signed into iCloud and my Bluetooth / Wifi is working. I tried to install Music Tag Editor Pro from the App Store (works fine on my Monterey 12.1 install on my Macbook Pro, but I'm getting the damaged and can't be opened error.).

So I guess my question is, is there something else I need to do to make all the apps from the app store install correctly? FCPX / Motion / Compressor all installed fine it seems.

You all are fantastic, wow was hilariously smooth (so far) :headbang:

Edit: tried to add the SSDT for Thunderbolt and that turned into a hot mess LOL - reverted back to my original EFI that booted. So I clearly did something wrong when I added it lol. Maybe some help with that too if anyone can assist :lol:

Edit 2: (unrelated to Thunderbolt) - I read this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/can-someone-check-mindnode-6-app-store.278910/post-2059125 which basically sums up that the App store uses en0 for receipts. So when I do the MAC address part of the guide (while fixing iMessage etc), it should resolve the issue. Is this accurate?

Edit 3: Yup, setting en0 fixed the App Store issue. Now to Thunderbolt hot plug lol

View attachment 539494

Glad that OC worked, what thunderbolt issues are you having?

You should only need this SSDT. Just add it to your OpenCore config.plist as an entry under ACPI-Add. and then the same in your OC folder. Put the SSDT entry under SSDT-Base since that one already has the DTGP method.

Glad that OC worked, what thunderbolt issues are you having?

You should only need this SSDT. Just add it to your OpenCore config.plist as an entry under ACPI-Add. and then the same in your OC folder. Put the SSDT entry under SSDT-Base since that one already has the DTGP method.
So not the 2 you linked above? I put those in the folder and I do get Thunderbolt, but no hot plug. When I attempted to make changes to the config.plist the computer refused to boot, so I reverted back to the original config.plist without any adjustments to Thunderbolt.

Also, in terms of the Thunderbolt BIOS settings. I used the same settings from the original @kgp guide and like yourself, I did the firmware flash and the pin shorting. Do I need to adjust those settings to what’s in the GitHub link or should those original @kgp settings be ok? It works on cold boot- but no hot plug at all.

So not the 2 you linked above? I put those in the folder and I do get Thunderbolt, but no hot plug. When I attempted to make changes to the config.plist the computer refused to boot, so I reverted back to the original config.plist without any adjustments to Thunderbolt.

Also, in terms of the Thunderbolt BIOS settings. I used the same settings from the original @kgp guide and like yourself, I did the firmware flash and the pin shorting. Do I need to adjust those settings to what’s in the GitHub link or should those original @kgp settings be ok? It works on cold boot- but no hot plug at all.

Few questions/comments.
1. With your clover build did you flash with custom firmware? If not and your thunderbolt devices worked then it is not necessary to flash.
2. Yes kgp thunderbolt settings are fine but I also listed it on my Github link.
3. If you want to use custom firmware, you'll need a different SSDT but note there may be some caveats to using it. Thunderbolt is not 100% on a Hackintosh but custom firmware gets us closer to it in some ways but may affect other things (For example, Windows thunderbolt not working)

If you are not using custom firmware ignore section "Thunderbolt Bus" and just refer to "Standard or ICM". You only need 'SSDT-TB3HP.aml' and not 'SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml'.

How are you adding it to your OC config?

Few questions/comments.
1. With your clover build did you flash with custom firmware? If not and your thunderbolt devices worked then it is not necessary to flash.
2. Yes kgp thunderbolt settings are fine but I also listed it on my Github link.
3. If you want to use custom firmware, you'll need a different SSDT but note there may be some caveats to using it. Thunderbolt is not 100% on a Hackintosh but custom firmware gets us closer to it in some ways but may affect other things (For example, Windows thunderbolt not working)

If you are not using custom firmware ignore section "Thunderbolt Bus" and just refer to "Standard or ICM". You only need 'SSDT-TB3HP.aml' and not 'SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml'.

How are you adding it to your OC config?
1. I flashed it when I was on Clover (did it last year) with the help of @CaseySJ
2. The @kgp BIOS settings have some slightly different values, so I'm a little unsure
3. Should I provide the SSDT I used for my Clover install for you to look at?

1. I flashed it when I was on Clover (did it last year) with the help of @CaseySJ
2. The @kgp BIOS settings have some slightly different values, so I'm a little unsure
3. Should I provide the SSDT I used for my Clover install for you to look at?

Yes, please provide and I can adjust
also kgp values should be fine although there may be more options in newer BIOS revisions (hence why my mine is different)

Yes, please provide and I can adjust
also kgp values should be fine although there may be more options in newer BIOS revisions (hence why my mine is different)
On my X299 Sage 10G, I'm on 2002. The options are the same, but some of the values entered further down the list of Thunderbolt options for the BIOS are much different.

Here's the SSDT-DTPG & SSDT-X299-TB3HP that's from my ACPI folder of my Clover install that allowed hot-plug.

Attachments

• SSDT (TB3-CLOVER-DJBUDDHA).zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 40
On my X299 Sage 10G, I'm on 2002. The options are the same, but some of the values entered further down the list of Thunderbolt options for the BIOS are much different.

Here's the SSDT-DTPG & SSDT-X299-TB3HP that's from my ACPI folder of my Clover install that allowed hot-plug.

You're on a pretty old BIOS but your SSDT-X299-TB3HP looks right. just add that to your EFI folder under EFI-OC-ACPI. and in your config.plist add a new entry under ACPI-Add so it looks like this

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 20.18.46.png

You're on a pretty old BIOS but your SSDT-X299-TB3HP looks right. just add that to your EFI folder under EFI-OC-ACPI. and in your config.plist add a new entry under ACPI-Add so it looks like this

View attachment 539593
Amazing!!

So in about 10 minutes I'll be done my burn-in test. I'm running Unigine Heaven & Cinebench while streaming to Twitch a screen capture of it to a test account at 4K 60 (8000kbit w/ x264 encoding). It's been solid. I know it goes without saying, but holy hell this is stable. (See the screenshot below).

While I have your attention, above when I fixed my ethernet to eth0 (which is my Fenvi Wi-Fi), all I did was make that change in the config.plist and my iMessage immediately worked. I never attempted to login to it outside of the initial install when I entered my iCloud info. So do I need to do anything else or should I just leave that alone?

If so, this hotplug is the last change I have to make! (outside of maybe USB mapping, I never did it on the last install and all my ports functioned perfectly)- so I'm not entirely sure as of yet.

Here's a screenshot of a computer running at 660W from the wall according the meter :lol:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 9.12.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 9.12.13 PM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 51
Amazing!!

So in about 10 minutes I'll be done my burn-in test. I'm running Unigine Heaven & Cinebench while streaming to Twitch a screen capture of it to a test account at 4K 60 (8000kbit w/ x264 encoding). It's been solid. I know it goes without saying, but holy hell this is stable. (See the screenshot below).

While I have your attention, above when I fixed my ethernet to eth0 (which is my Fenvi Wi-Fi), all I did was make that change in the config.plist and my iMessage immediately worked. I never attempted to login to it outside of the initial install when I entered my iCloud info. So do I need to do anything else or should I just leave that alone?

If so, this hotplug is the last change I have to make! (outside of maybe USB mapping, I never did it on the last install and all my ports functioned perfectly)- so I'm not entirely sure as of yet.

Here's a screenshot of a computer running at 660W from the wall according the meter :lol:

I thought ethernet had to be en0 but I could be wrong. If it works then I guess you don't have to do anything. If not then you may have to delete the network preferences.plist or whatever it's called. Should be pretty easy to google

I thought ethernet had to be en0 but I could be wrong. If it works then I guess you don't have to do anything. If not then you may have to delete the network preferences.plist or whatever it's called. Should be pretty easy to google
You're right it is en0, typed it too quick earlier.

Back