Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

Hey Everyone, well I'm here letting you know that I've moved from the Big Sur Support to Monterey Support. So grateful to 7hina for all his help. I just found out the using Samsung drives slows the start up process from 45 sec to 1:50 min. Hopefully there'll be an OS update that will correct that issue.

Hello, I attach EFi folder for Big Sur/Monterrey, OC 0.7.5, Asus X299 Prime DeLuxe Bios 3105, I have made several changes from various users, the base I think is from @djlild7hina

I use Samsung M2 boot disk and my boot times in verbose mode range between 30 and 35 seconds from the selection of the operating system.
Captura de pantalla 2021-11-13 a las 18.57.59.png

Captura de pantalla 2021-11-13 a las 18.57.34.png

Slot 1 - Graphics Card
Slot 2 - Empty
Slot 3 - Empty
Slot 4 - Asus Hyper x16 (4 x M.2)
Slot 5 - WiFi & Bluetooth
Slot 6 - Gigabyte Titan Ridge v2 "Hot TB" (no Flash)

Modify the SSDT's to your needs.
Do not forget to add your data in "Platforminfo"

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 153
Last edited:
I did a clean install of Monterey to try it out on my Asus X299 R6EE on a PNY SSD, everything went fine:

Loloflatsix_Monterey_R6EE3.png

(AQC107 will be patched after)

Loloflatsix_Monterey_R6EE2.png

so after i updated from Catalina to Monterey my main system, I use WD SN 720 Nvme ( screenshot after reboot before renaming the disk ) :

Loloflatsix_Monterey_R66E1.png

I will share my EFI later.

Last edited:
UPDATE: I just tried using WoodCabin's EFI setup two posts up (how did I miss that?)) And it works now! Huge thank you to you. I wish I knew what the difference was.

I am trying to upgrade a Clover-based Catalina install on my Asus Prime X299 Deluxe to an OpenCore Monterey install using the resources in this thread, and I'm hitting a wall. I was able install Monterey onto an HDD, but it is unable to boot MacOS, showing the following screen:

IMG_0825.jpg

I have been Googling the AppleNVME Assert Failed line, figuring that is the source of the problem. Unfortunately haven't found anything to help. I have tried enabling the ReleaseUsbOwnership quirk per some suggestions I found via Google, but no dice.

Before I started, I updated my BIOS to the latest version and configured it as suggested. I am using the 0.7.4 Base EFI from the shinoki7 repo. The only thing I changed in the EFI setup was adding the the Serial/UUID values in the config.plist file.

I have two Samsung 960 EVO NVME drives installed on this board, one with the MacOS Catalina install and another with Windows. I can boot into my Catalina install using the OpenCore EFI. After my BIOS update it looks like I can no longer boot into Catalina using Clover, probably because I would need to go back to some of the kgp BIOS settings that were wiped. Doubt it matters, but I'm running on a Radeon 6900 XT.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
UPDATE: I just tried using WoodCabin's EFI setup two posts up (how did I miss that?)) And it works now! Huge thank you to you. I wish I knew what the difference was.

I am trying to upgrade a Clover-based Catalina install on my Asus Prime X299 Deluxe to an OpenCore Monterey install using the resources in this thread, and I'm hitting a wall. I was able install Monterey onto an HDD, but it is unable to boot MacOS, showing the following screen:

View attachment 534310

I have been Googling the AppleNVME Assert Failed line, figuring that is the source of the problem. Unfortunately haven't found anything to help. I have tried enabling the ReleaseUsbOwnership quirk per some suggestions I found via Google, but no dice.

Before I started, I updated my BIOS to the latest version and configured it as suggested. I am using the 0.7.4 Base EFI from the shinoki7 repo. The only thing I changed in the EFI setup was adding the the Serial/UUID values in the config.plist file.

I have two Samsung 960 EVO NVME drives installed on this board, one with the MacOS Catalina install and another with Windows. I can boot into my Catalina install using the OpenCore EFI. After my BIOS update it looks like I can no longer boot into Catalina using Clover, probably because I would need to go back to some of the kgp BIOS settings that were wiped. Doubt it matters, but I'm running on a Radeon 6900 XT.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

This will be my last post regarding X299 since I sold my hardware to a friend.

If you used my BASE EFI, change SecureBootModel to 'Default' as listed in my config.plist configuration section.

If you used my BASE EFI, change SecureBootModel to 'Default' as listed in my config.plist configuration section.

So you bought a M1? I did order a M1 Max yesterday, and it will arrive Friday or next Monday. Will still keep my hack as a 3D Rendering machine until the gpu performance gets better on M1 though. Next year or 2 years from now.

sad to see you go - your posts were really useful for me when setting up my x299 hack with mojave.

for anyone else following the thread - any words of wisdom about MacPro7,1 vs iMacPro1,1 for monterey? is either OK? i used iMacPro1,1 for Mojave on my x299 and for iCloud/find my mac it probably makes sense for me to stick with iMacPro1,1 and the same serial number unless there are some drawbacks to iMacPro1,1.

Thank you again for everything!!! You've been such a HUGE help to me in maintaining my setup, along with Loloflax!

So you bought a M1? I did order a M1 Max yesterday, and it will arrive Friday or next Monday. Will still keep my hack as a 3D Rendering machine until the gpu performance gets better on M1 though. Next year or 2 years from now.

I actually canceled my order and will stick with my M1 Air in the meantime. I'll most likely get a M1 Max mac mini or w/e since I need 4 display support. The M1 air with only one display is killing me right now but I'll manage :lol:

Yeah my hack was intended to be more audio focused then just turned out to be more of a (expensive) hobby and helping out the Hackintosh community.

I repurposed my 7900x (previously gaming build) to an linux server and have been running docker and my previous VMs that I used on my hack there. Seems to be working so far for my needs.

sad to see you go - your posts were really useful for me when setting up my x299 hack with mojave.

for anyone else following the thread - any words of wisdom about MacPro7,1 vs iMacPro1,1 for monterey? is either OK? i used iMacPro1,1 for Mojave on my x299 and for iCloud/find my mac it probably makes sense for me to stick with iMacPro1,1 and the same serial number unless there are some drawbacks to iMacPro1,1.

Either or works but I think there are very little differences. iMacPro1,1 is closer in terms of hardware but MacPro7,1 works fine and think it looks cooler to have a MacPro7,1 than iMac lol

Back