Contribute
Register

ASUS X299 Monterey/Ventura Support

Hello
I tried to boot Monterey on Gigabyte X299 UD4 PRO Motherboard and 2 i9 CPUs : 9820X(10 cores) 9920X (12 cores) .
OC is Updated to 0.7.9

I've got an early KP
IMG_7927.jpg

I can boot Big Sur ;)

Any idea ?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• X299 UD4 PRO OC079 V2 config.plist
    41.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Really dont know where to go further:
I used 'ASUS BASE-EFI OC 079' this to boot Monterey 12.2.1 installation on my X299, i have the VGA card in slot1,
it showed a picture of mouse cursor first, then magic mouse back panel, a 3rd picture i don't recognize, then instantly the PC got a automatic reboot.
btw, tried options of securebootmodel, RebuildAppleMemoryMap.
I have 4 memory slots filted as per Asus motherboard manual suggested for the 4 memory cards.
All bios has the same settings as the README.MD tells.

Attachments

• opencore-2022-03-18-102454.txt
    256 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1525.jpg
    IMG_1525.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1526.jpg
    IMG_1526.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 30
I give a try ASUS BASE-EFI OC 079 and it works :clap:.
I wish to know why.
First I customise ASUS BASE-EFI for my needs
EDIT
Now my modified ASUS BASE-EFI is very similar to my previous EFI
the only difference is the APCI folder. That's where my mistake is ....
if someone can point it to me, I could learn from it.
Thnaks

Last edited:
I used 'ASUS BASE-EFI OC 079' this to boot Monterey 12.2.1 installation on my X299, i have the VGA card in slot1,
it showed a picture of mouse cursor first, then magic mouse back panel, a 3rd picture i don't recognize, then instantly the PC got a automatic reboot.
I have 4 memory slots filted as per Asus motherboard manual suggested for the 4 memory cards.
make sure to use a wired keyboard and mouse, press space bar at that screen

I give a try ASUS BASE-EFI OC 079 and it works :clap:.
I wish to know why.
First I customise ASUS BASE-EFI for my needs
EDIT
Now my modified ASUS BASE-EFI is very similar to my previous EFI
the only difference is the APCI folder. That's where my mistake is ....
if someone can point it to me, I could learn from it.
Thnaks
Edhawk has written an excellent article about SSDTTime/acpi folder. Also I suggest this. Good luck.

make sure to use a wired keyboard and mouse, press space bar at that screen

Also if you don't have a USBMap already chances are the usb ports won't work properly since XhciPortLimit doesnt work on Monterey. Unfortunately, the X299 Deluxe II doesn't have ASMedia ports on the back so I'm not sure if you can make it past that screen. I made a comment on my github to try a lower version of Big Sur to map the ports then update to Monterey.

I don't have my hack anymore so it's hard to diagnose. It could possibly be an issue with my 079 folder so you can try older ones to see if those work

Edhawk has written an excellent article about SSDTTime/acpi folder. Also I suggest this. Good luck.
I knew "this" :thumbup: And I chose to go for SSDTime with Windows 10 (But may be I did something wrong)
I didn't know about an "excellent article about SSDTTime/acpi folder".

May be SSDT-USBX.aml was missing in my EFI Folder
(But Big Sur boots and Monterey don't)

Back