Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was try to install Catalina but did not boot from USB stick.
(EFI folder was get from this thread.)
My system is mojave and it works fine.

My environment is follows
  • CPU:Core i7-7820
  • Mobo:ASUS TUF X299 Mark II
  • GPU:ATI Radeon Vega64
  • Storage1:500GB NVMe SSD
  • Storage2:SATA 500G SSD
What can I do ?

3ssGWZAxQBamy8qeLAPP2A_thumb_1486.jpg

I made macOS 10.15.1 Update - Clover 5098 and Whatevergreen.kext 1.3.4

Seems to be stable.

I can boot with OcQuirks too :D

Capture d’écran 2019-11-01 à 10.08.57.png

Last edited:
Hi all,
Any info on the 5700 XT GPU support in Catalina 15.1 and X299 iMac Pro SMBIOS?
Any one tested, working?

Mcity

I was fix this issue by myself
I had to install SSDT-EC.aml and my problem was fixed.
Finally I got catalina environment.

Thank you for all of X299 work!

スクリーンショット 2019-11-02 16.53.49.png

I was try to install Catalina but did not boot from USB stick.
(EFI folder was get from this thread.)
My system is mojave and it works fine.

My environment is follows
  • CPU:Core i7-7820
  • Mobo:ASUS TUF X299 Mark II
  • GPU:ATI Radeon Vega64
  • Storage1:500GB NVMe SSD
  • Storage2:SATA 500G SSD
What can I do ?

View attachment 433440

Some comment about Catalina 10.15.1 :
- with MacPro 6,1 or MacPro 7,1 SMBIOS you can't boot without Whatevergreen.kext and black screen issue even throug USB.C on TBEX3 VegaGraphicsFixup.kext is needed thanks and more faster with AGPMEnabler.kext ( works also with iMacPro 1,1 SMBIOS)
- i recommend having SSDT-EC.aml as @admkazuya
- you must update to Xcode 11,2 (11B52)
- keep in mind that a full backup in TimeMachine will restore your system even after updating on another SSD when needed

Last edited:
A question : i experimented with the first macOS Catalina Public beta kernel panic with FakeSMC.kext so for now I use VitualSMC.kext on Catalina 10.15.0 and 10.15.1 but the booting process seems more longer : someone had this problem ?

Hey guys, need some help from you, I've been trying to install Catalina on a Designare EXII board but no dice, here is the rig :

- Designare EXII board
- Intel 9900xe CPU
- 32 Gb of RAM
- Vega 64 on slot 1

I'm basing myself on your shared EFIs and the guide made by KGP, I have the latest versions of Lilu and Whatevergreen also.

So... problems:

- Installer graphics are slow as hell, never had that before and quite some blinking before UI shows up.
- Installer was always get stuck at "2min left", the logs where throwing quite some errors. Had to manually shutdown, still I was able to boot from the HD to continue the installation from there.
- The installer picks-up but stays at 10 minutes for a lonnnnnng time, moves to "less than a minute" and then remains stuck there.
- Hard reboot again, this time Catalina shows up in Clover, when selected I get a lot of errors, some ACPI, some AMD, quite a lot of tx_flush, etc.
- Finally system boots up (graphics still sluggish).

I think we can all agree this isn't normal at all :D so any ideas what could be happening ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited:
Hey guys, need some help from you, I've been trying to install Catalina on a Designare EXII board but no dice, here is the rig :

- Designare EXII board
- Intel 9900xe CPU
- 32 Gb of RAM
- Vega 64 on slot 1

I'm basing myself on your shared EFIs and the guide made by KGP, I have the latest versions of Lilu and Whatevergreen also.

So... problems:

- First the installer was always get stuck at "2min left", the logs where throwing quite some errors. Had to manually shutdown, still I was able to boot from the HD to continue the installation from there.
- The installer picks-up but stays at 10 minutes for a lonnnnnng time, moves to "less than a minute" and then remains stuck there.

Any ideas what could be happening ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps you should try with another USB installer and see if the same problem will occur: something may be wrong with this one.

Thank you for the advice, I may redo the procedure to create the USB installer like you say and install everything again.

Any idea why the performance could be sluggish ?

Noticing that the installation I made, has problems to shutdown for example when I want to reboot... uhmmm... something may be at play here either on the BIOS / config.plist / UEFI drivers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back