Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at first, mine did that too, but then after I rebooted it went away......I think they changed something which affected the Radeon VII cards. Didn't have that issue with my other machine (which has a Vega).

Is weird, with Golden Master version didn't happened. And it seems is drivers related.
But with just one monitor it works "perfect". As soon as i plug the second one it does the same.

@djlild7hina do you have the same problem with your setup?

So, when you plug in the second monitor, does the first stay steady, or do both go nuts...? My guess is that somehow they decided to play with the ability of the card to stay in sync with the monitor somehow.

I only have one monitor, so as soon as I rebooted and I may have redid the kext cache, it was gone......and it hasn't come back.

The boot argument "npci=0x2000" is only needed for GB mobos, not ASUS.

darkwake=0 keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 are not needed for ASUS X299, but will have no effect on success of boot.

ICEVISION:

VirtualSMC and it's associated files (kext and efi) are reportedly best for Catalina. Same reports say that FakeSMC prevents Catalina from working. (I switched over to VirtualSMC maybe 4 months ago.)

I've attached just the minimum drivers and kext files for Clover (there are no AGPMEnabler, SmallTree, or TSCAdjustReset kext files, which you may need).
Infact i wrote that npci is mandatory for my mb...

I finished just now to update to catalina directly from mojave and everything works good without any changes in config.plist. Just updated clover and whatevergreen.kext

So, when you plug in the second monitor, does the first stay steady, or do both go nuts...? My guess is that somehow they decided to play with the ability of the card to stay in sync with the monitor somehow.

I only have one monitor, so as soon as I rebooted and I may have redid the kext cache, it was gone......and it hasn't come back.

When I plug the second one, the main one go nuts and the second one keeps black.

Is weird, with Golden Master version didn't happened. And it seems is drivers related.
But with just one monitor it works "perfect". As soon as i plug the second one it does the same.

@djlild7hina do you have the same problem with your setup?

No issues here but I only have one dp monitor and one hdmi tv

No issues here but I only have one dp monitor and one hdmi tv

Do you have both connected at the same time? I tried to connect one to DP and other to HDMI and the same happens.

I don't understand then. The thing is with GM didn't happen that to me.

Well, check out my post with the screenshots, and see if you see anything there, like versions (drivers or kexts) that might make a difference, or anything else maybe, something in config.plist?.....also I'm on 5070 of Clover.....also try different ports on the back of your Radeon VII (what brand is it? is the firmware on the Radeon VII up to date?)

These are all shots-in-the-dark ideas, but maybe one will trigger something or some insight that will solve the problem.....

And, there's nothing wrong with going back to the GM (if you have backup), and waiting for 10.15.1 to solve your issue (hopefully)....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back