Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured I’d post it here again but does anyone have Sidecar working? My iPad shows a black screen when wired/wireless. Someone over at the hackintosh subreddit said it works on iMacPro1,1 and MacPro7,1.

Well, check out my post with the screenshots, and see if you see anything there, like versions (drivers or kexts) that might make a difference, or anything else maybe, something in config.plist?.....also I'm on 5070 of Clover.....also try different ports on the back of your Radeon VII (what brand is it? is the firmware on the Radeon VII up to date?)

These are all shots-in-the-dark ideas, but maybe one will trigger something or some insight that will solve the problem.....

And, there's nothing wrong with going back to the GM (if you have backup), and waiting for 10.15.1 to solve your issue (hopefully)....

I have the same config.plist i used with macOS Catalina Golden Master. I also tried other ports with the same result, and i updated the lilu and whatevergreen kexts to the last version. Also Clover.

The brand of my graphics card is Gigabyte.

Radeon VII Firmware? What? :crazy:

Do i have to install Windows to update it?

Changing the Radeon firmware is an out there idea.....but it's just if you're desperate and you can't find anything else......maybe......

But by all means, try that at the very end of your search......probably nothing and not worth bothering with.

Having Windows around is kind of handy, because Windows offers a lot more utilities....

At any rate, I'm fresh out of ideas.....maybe someone else?

Changing the Radeon firmware is an out there idea.....but it's just if you're desperate and you can't find anything else......maybe......

But by all means, try that at the very end of your search......probably nothing and not worth bothering with.

Having Windows around is kind of handy, because Windows offers a lot more utilities....

At any rate, I'm fresh out of ideas.....maybe someone else?

Finally I tried other Clover versions 5080, and did the same. But i went back to 5070 and it seems to work now. But not sure if this solved the problem or will happen again.

Just to assure you that you're not crazy or have bad hardware, I recently converted my MacBook backup files to APFS. I booted to Recovery Partition on the backup disk (and I was on the system with the Radeon VII) and I had some zig-zag flashes now and again.

My take? It's a bug.....the roll-out and beta of Catalina was pretty haphazard.....and hopefully Apple gets it fixed soon, OR a new version/kext comes out that fixes it.

I just think that they're playing with Vega 2 drivers (Radeon VII for us, Radeon Pro Vega II for new Mac Pro) tryin to optimize it and breaking things in the meantime until Mac Pro goes on sale. As proof, Radeon VII is still not officially supported by Apple (as you can see on apple's website, no Radeon VII showing) so we should have a stable driver when the new Pro will be out in the wild (and probably with its SMBIOS). Vega 1 (Vega 56, 64, etc. ) is officially supported and they work a lot more stable, in Mojave and Catalina (I tried both Vega and both macOS). Do you agree guys?

It seems Catalina still has a few problems:

I was just sorting music on new Music App, and suddenly the monitors turned off, no trackpad response, music still playing and after a minute the music stopped and black screen with the computer still on.

Can't do ping to the hackintosh from other computer. Is there any way to know what happened? because is the second time it happens.

The truth? Well, it's too bad, but this is not as stable a release as I would have hoped.....here's hoping for 10.15.1.....

The thing is the GM seemed really good and stable, but this 15.0 release? Not so much.....

I do think we need to see what the new Mac Pro release, and the macOS software that comes with it will do......I don't think 10.15 has it yet, and it's just not completely settled as of now.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back