Contribute
Register

ASUS X-299 Deluxe II - Thunderbolt Solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you put the SSDT in the ACPI/patched folder & patched the BIOS file correctly?

Also remember to flash the BIOS vis ASUS Flashback, not through EZflash...

Yes i did All correctly..

Done ! I did it the opération again.

Done ! I did it the opération again.

Did it work now?
I didn't read the post about the terminal guide until now... you had to change the directory to the UEFIpatch folder & go from there with the command for the patch

I would upload the pre-patched bios file here but I don't want to take any responsibilities for any anomalies.

Did it work now?
I didn't read the post about the terminal guide until now... you had to change the directory to the UEFIpatch folder & go from there with the command for the patch

I would upload the pre-patched bios file here but I don't want to take any responsibilities for any anomalies.
Yes it’s works !
but still not hotplug thunderbolt and functuonal Bluetooth

Thunderbolt Hotplug also doesn't work for me. But I'm happy that I got it to work and my Thunderbolt audio interface works right away from first / cold boot. That's all I need by now.

I don't know how well Thunderbolt hotplug works on other motherboards that state so, but best option is the patched GC-Titan Ridge PCIe card by @DSM2... he uploaded the firmware on the German forum but you will need an EEPRom Reader & some knowledge for it - too technical for me.

Some explanation to help you to discover your USB ports on the picture below :

As you can see , when you plug a device , it appears and under the identification number the name and properties of the device :
- HS01 : no device
- HS03 : my Polar Vantage watch
- HS04 : USB stick
- HS10 : Keyboard and mouse
When you eject it is name is writing crossed

Capture d’écran 2020-03-29 à 19.51.58.png

@samtimbaud
For the count of your USB port we need to see on IOReg what is shown on N°9 and N°16 layout when you plug a USB stick :

E15016_PRIME_X299-DELUXE_II_UM_V2_MBlayout.png

@samtimbaud we also need to see on IOReg what is shown on N°7 and N°8 rear IO when you plug a USB stick :
E15016_PRIME_X299-DELUXE_II_UM_V2_RearIOI.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back