Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Asus VivoBook S530Fn - Intel UHD 620 + NVIDIA MX150 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixed!

I have two options: by default it's on 64MB but I can also choose 32MB (not going to do that).

Should I go with the normal one or with the 'spoof' config file?
CPU Graphics -- Intel UHD Graphics 620
View attachment 398678

I have to make a new USB Installer (Clover freaked out when I copied EFI v2 - Will attach it).
Tomorrow the NVMe Drive arrives. I'll install it on my laptop and try to install macOS.
as Rehabman hasn't updated his clover, you will need to download newest from sourceforge

re config.plist... not sure, you can try 1 at a time and see how you get on with it, try the non spoofed first

as Rehabman hasn't updated his clover, you will need to download newest from sourceforge

re config.plist... not sure, you can try 1 at a time and see how you get on with it, try the non spoofed first
Will do tomorrow. Thanks for everything.
Once I install 10.14 I'll create a dedicated thread with instructions

I created another USB Installer using UniBeast. Doesn't work using that config. When it was supposed to start the boot (with the Apple Logo) the laptop rebooted. I tried booting in Safe Mode and Verbose. No output at all.
USB Installer using the latest Clover Bootloader 4910 [updated using Clover Configurator v5.4.3.0 - latest].

I'll attach some photos
WhatsApp Image 2019-04-11 at 10.33.30.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-11 at 10.33.36.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-11 at 10.33.33.jpeg

I created another USB Installer using UniBeast. Doesn't work using that config. When it was supposed to start the boot (with the Apple Logo) the laptop rebooted. I tried booting in Safe Mode and Verbose. No output at all.
USB Installer using the latest Clover Bootloader 4910 [updated using Clover Configurator v5.4.3.0 - latest].

I'll attach some photos
View attachment 398821
View attachment 398823
View attachment 398822
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
Once again didn't find anything useful in there.

I installed the NVMe drive today. Since the config file wasn't working, I grabbed it (config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist) and changed a few things:
- Set the SMBIOS to MacBook Pro 15,1
- Changed bootflag from 'lilucpu=9' to 'lilucpu=8'.
- Disabled the 'Inject ATI' and 'Inject NVIDIA' and Enabled 'Inject Intel' on Clover Configurator
- Changed ig-platform-id to '0x3E9B0000' to match Intel UHD 630.

I managed to boot into the installer but I still needed to fix the Backlighting so I downloaded AppleBacklightFix from RehabMan and followed this:

To use this technique requires three components:
- SSDT-PNLF.aml in ACPI/patched
- AppleBacklightFixup.kext installed to /L/E

With all these changes I can now see the Apple Logo and it's asking me to plug a mouse in. So I did and the installer is now kinda working (probably need a NVMe patch because Disk Utility freezes).

Once again didn't find anything useful in there.

I installed the NVMe drive today. Since the config file wasn't working, I grabbed it (config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist) and changed a few things:
- Set the SMBIOS to MacBook Pro 15,1
- Changed bootflag from 'lilucpu=9' to 'lilucpu=8'.
- Disabled the 'Inject ATI' and 'Inject NVIDIA' and Enabled 'Inject Intel' on Clover Configurator
- Changed ig-platform-id to '0x3E9B0000' to match Intel UHD 630.

I managed to boot into the installer but I still needed to fix the Backlighting so I downloaded AppleBacklightFix from RehabMan and followed this:

With all these changes I can now see the Apple Logo and it's asking me to plug a mouse in. So I did and the installer is now kinda working (probably need a NVMe patch because Disk Utility freezes).
read the section "Problem Reporting" again and upload your files

read the section "Problem Reporting" again and upload your files
I have managed to solve almost everything out
There's no output from a frozen Disk Utility. I'll upload my 3rd version of the EFI.

Attachments

• EFI - v3.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 114
I have managed to solve almost everything out
There's no output from a frozen Disk Utility. I'll upload my 3rd version of the EFI.
missing config.plist

rename your file to config,plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back