Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I was wondering if I could still have BT functionality with my WiFi card, the AzureWave AW-CE123H (5GHz + BT 4.0LE), for various reasons having to do with BT. I have everything on the software side pretty much set up (BT is enabled, says Handoff & Continuity (full) are enabled in System Info on BT), but my question resides in the hardware. My laptop has 2 antennas (pretty sure) dictated by the black and white cables that are attached to the WiFi card. However, the black cable (Auxiliary, from what I understand) was severed for some reason where the cable connects to the gold connector that attaches to the wireless card. BT hasn't really been working for me in a while too (trying to pair my iPhone to my HackBook but my HackBook doesn't see my iPhone even when BT is on for both devices), so I was wondering if it had any correlation to the fact that the black cable is cut.

I still however have full wireless access on 2.4 and 5GHz bands, so I'm not so sure if the black cable is needed all that much. Could I get some clarification on that?

Also, if that black cable doesn't matter, I'm wondering if I can get some support on figuring out how to enable BT again (I have the firmware kext by darkvoid among various other things) if the problem is on the software side...

Cheers! :D

-Duncan

Hi all,

I was wondering if I could still have BT functionality with my WiFi card, the AzureWave AW-CE123H (5GHz + BT 4.0LE), for various reasons having to do with BT. I have everything on the software side pretty much set up (BT is enabled, says Handoff & Continuity (full) are enabled in System Info on BT), but my question resides in the hardware. My laptop has 2 antennas (pretty sure) dictated by the black and white cables that are attached to the WiFi card. However, the black cable (Auxiliary, from what I understand) was severed for some reason where the cable connects to the gold connector that attaches to the wireless card. BT hasn't really been working for me in a while too (trying to pair my iPhone to my HackBook but my HackBook doesn't see my iPhone even when BT is on for both devices), so I was wondering if it had any correlation to the fact that the black cable is cut.

I still however have full wireless access on 2.4 and 5GHz bands, so I'm not so sure if the black cable is needed all that much. Could I get some clarification on that?

Also, if that black cable doesn't matter, I'm wondering if I can get some support on figuring out how to enable BT again (I have the firmware kext by darkvoid among various other things) if the problem is on the software side...

Cheers! :D

-Duncan

Test your bluetooth on Windows to separate software vs. hardware problem.

Test your bluetooth on Windows to separate software vs. hardware problem.

D:

My computer finds my iPhone but fails to pair every time, and my iPhone didn't detect my HackBook at all...

However, these tests were done on my Windows 10 OS (on the hackBook), so the results may be inconclusive. I highly suspect it's a hardware problem however, since it stopped working around the time I noticed that the black wire to the WiFi card was severed.

I don't think there's much to do about this, but any help? :lol:

Cheers!

D:

My computer finds my iPhone but fails to pair every time, and my iPhone didn't detect my HackBook at all...

However, these tests were done on my Windows 10 OS (on the hackBook), so the results may be inconclusive. I highly suspect it's a hardware problem however, since it stopped working around the time I noticed that the black wire to the WiFi card was severed.

I don't think there's much to do about this, but any help? :lol:

Cheers!

You should probably fix the antenna.

You should probably fix the antenna.

I wish I could, but I'm pretty sure that the antennas are in the display, which is removable, but I don't really know how I'm going to get it replaced, if at all (since the cables go into the hinge which is connected to the display). I wonder how I can...

Cheers!

I wish I could, but I'm pretty sure that the antennas are in the display, which is removable, but I don't really know how I'm going to get it replaced, if at all (since the cables go into the hinge which is connected to the display). I wonder how I can...

Check to see if Asus provides a service manual for download.

That is not a service manual.

Yea, that was what I first thought, since that's pretty much the only manual for the S400CA series on the web (officially) from ASUS...
:think:

Cheers!

Yea, that was what I first thought, since that's pretty much the only manual for the S400CA series on the web (officially) from ASUS...
:think:

Cheers!

You might consider contacting them. Or searching their website for replacement parts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back