Contribute
Register

Asus VivoBook S400CA - Laptop not sleeping for some reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm going to put this case to rest, due to a few reasons:

1) I think that the power LED blinking every second is the "new" way my laptop sleeps, as when I installed my 4GB SODIMM RAM, I had to update BIOS from 209 > 210.

2) Whenever I wake up my laptop, the Wake reason is now "?", which I hope means that it wakes up whenever I open the lid...

I wonder though, how to have my notebook cooler power down whenever my laptop goes to sleep...:think:

Cheers!

I wonder though, how to have my notebook cooler power down whenever my laptop goes to sleep...:think:

I assume it is USB powered. Some laptops have an option that powers down USB ports during sleep. Some do that only when on battery for obvious reasons (charging your phone while laptop is sleeping).

I assume it is USB powered. Some laptops have an option that powers down USB ports during sleep. Some do that only when on battery for obvious reasons (charging your phone while laptop is sleeping).

Yes, it's USB powered. All my USB devices though (including a hub w/ external power) power down when it goes to sleep. My laptop doesn't have that option, though (pretty sure)...I guess I'll just leave it at that...:p

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back