Contribute
Register

Asus UX305UA

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the laptop energy preferences turn the display off, the computer seems to hang (doesn't reply to ping from another computer) forcing me to reboot it.

Attached the last "Problem reporting" files in a zip.

Thanks again

Problems:
- incomplete "Problem Reporting" data (no kextcache output provided)
- ioreg shows CPU PM not implemented
- ioreg shows USB not implemented correctly

Attached the kextcache output (can't see any problems there).

- Will try to find some information on how to implement CPU PM. Should the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext be loaded?

- For USB, I applied this DSDT patches, along with USBInjectAll.kext:

“7-series/8-series USB”
“USB3_PRW 0x6D (instant wake)”

Thanks again for your time and work on this community RehabMan!

Attachments

• kextcacheout.txt.zip
    768 bytes · Views: 66
I think CPU PM is working fine now, I can see that X86PlatformPlugin is loading under the CPU0 node, is everything right regarding this?

How should I fix the USB?

Thanks!

Attachments

• UX305.zip
    569.7 KB · Views: 65
I created a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext. My system uses 8086:9d2f so I removed other definitions and all ports with port-status=0. Laptop still doesn't want to sleep, instead it seems to crash :(

Attachments

• UX305.zip
    518.3 KB · Views: 64
I created a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext. My system uses 8086:9d2f so I removed other definitions and all ports with port-status=0. Laptop still doesn't want to sleep, instead it seems to crash :(
as per rules:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

I thought you only needed IOReg output. Here are all the files. Thank you for your patience!

Attachments

• UX305.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
I thought you only needed IOReg output. Here are all the files. Thank you for your patience!

Your kextcache shows kexts not installed correctly.
All kexts you need should be installed to the system volume.

Always test sleep without any external devices connected (your ioreg shows USB audio device, USB hub, USB ethernet).

You did not configure USB correctly. UsbConnector values are wrong (internal devices should be UsbConnector=255).
SSxx ports are missing from XHC.
You need to read the USBInjectAll guide carefully.

Thanks for the heads up! I tried to fix USB, keeping UsbConnector=255 devices and SS01, SS02 which I tested with an USB 3.0 drive.

Moved all the kexts from /EFI to /Library/Extensions. The sleep issue is still happening, even if I sleep it after booting without any USB device plugged in. Also sometimes the laptop won't shutdown properly. It will reboot instead.

Attachments

• UX305.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back