Contribute
Register

Asus UX305UA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads up! I tried to fix USB, keeping UsbConnector=255 devices and SS01, SS02 which I tested with an USB 3.0 drive.

Moved all the kexts from /EFI to /Library/Extensions. The sleep issue is still happening, even if I sleep it after booting without any USB device plugged in. Also sometimes the laptop won't shutdown properly. It will reboot instead.

In your ioreg, audio looks broken...
Why are you using the 32mb DVMT patch with ASUS system? (most ASUS can have DVMT-prealloc set 64mb or larger).
UsbConnector values still wrong (I assume the camera at XHC.HS05 is an internal camera, therefore should be marked 255).
Backlight control not implemented correctly.
Maybe I2C kexts are causing a problem (remove them and test without).

This laptop defaults to 32MB DVMT realloc, but I changed it to 64MB. Removed all extra kexts for patching Intel DVMT as you recommended.

Thanks for pointing out the wrong value for HS05, I modified UsbConnector value to 255.

Also changed the brightness patch implementation. Removed PNLF method from DSDT and followed this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/
The brightness values aren't sticking after a reboot. Tried EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and I can see it writes nvram.plist values but think they aren't loaded after a reboot.

Put back in place Apple I2C kexts. I didn't fix the audio yet, but the sleep issue is still there (which is my major concern ATM) :(

Attachments

• UX305.zip
    2 MB · Views: 97
Also changed the brightness patch implementation. Removed PNLF method from DSDT and followed this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/
The brightness values aren't sticking after a reboot. Tried EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and I can see it writes nvram.plist values but think they aren't loaded after a reboot.

Make sure you read the part of the guide regarding fake ALS.

Thanks for pointing out the wrong value for HS05, I modified UsbConnector value to 255.

Your USB configuration is still wrong. You have two SSxx ports (UsbConnector=3, of course), but three HSxx ports marked UsbConnector=3, which of course is wrong... (must be 1:1 correspond between SSxx/3 and HSxx/3).

Attachments

• UX305.zip
    2 MB · Views: 87
Laptop won't reach sleep state, it will remain powered on with the screen off, no matter how much time I wait after clicking into sleep menu, or closing the lid. Pinging the laptop results in a timeout, so I assume it crashes after entering sleep mode. I've tried without any external USB devices plugged in, as you suggested, with same results.

Pmset assertions are:

➜ ~ pmset -g assertions
2017-06-13 09:07:28 +0200
Assertion status system-wide:
BackgroundTask 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
UserIsActive 1
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0
NetworkClientActive 0
Listed by owning process:
pid 102(hidd): [0x0000000d00098032] 00:02:37 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294968030.3"
No kernel assertions.
Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

Don't know what else to do. I know sleep can be tricky on some laptops but I would really like to fix this up. Many thanks for all your help!

Laptop won't reach sleep state, it will remain powered on with the screen off, no matter how much time I wait after clicking into sleep menu, or closing the lid. Pinging the laptop results in a timeout, so I assume it crashes after entering sleep mode. I've tried without any external USB devices plugged in, as you suggested, with same results.

Pmset assertions are:

➜ ~ pmset -g assertions
2017-06-13 09:07:28 +0200
Assertion status system-wide:
BackgroundTask 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
UserIsActive 1
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0
NetworkClientActive 0
Listed by owning process:
pid 102(hidd): [0x0000000d00098032] 00:02:37 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294968030.3"
No kernel assertions.
Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

Don't know what else to do. I know sleep can be tricky on some laptops but I would really like to fix this up. Many thanks for all your help!

Not enough information. Is the power LED blinking?

No, it's keeping static, as if it is powered on.
Tested on Win10 and it blinks when entering sleep mode.

No, it's keeping static, as if it is powered on.
Tested on Win10 and it blinks when entering sleep mode.

Then the laptop is likely hanging during the process of entering sleep.
Make sure you have hibernation disabled.

You are right, I think its hanging during the process, since it stops replying to ping requests from another computer.

pmset -g
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
standby 1
halfdim 1
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
powernap 0
gpuswitch 2
disksleep 0
sleep 0 (sleep prevented by mds_stores)
autopoweroffdelay 28800
hibernatemode 0