Contribute
Register

Asus UX305UA

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, I think its hanging during the process, since it stops replying to ping requests from another computer.

pmset -g
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
standby 1
halfdim 1
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
powernap 0
gpuswitch 2
disksleep 0
sleep 0 (sleep prevented by mds_stores)
autopoweroffdelay 28800
hibernatemode 0
autopoweroff 1
ttyskeepawake 1
displaysleep 0
standbydelay 10800

Could be anything, but according to your ioreg, USB is still not configured correctly...
Also, your kexts are not installed correctly. All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.

Make sure after you fix your USB setup, that you test sleep without any external devices connected (no reason to complicate matters with USB audio, USB ethernet, etc)

I have all extra kexts on /Library/Extensions. Only FakeSMC is on /EFI/CLOVER...
Don't really know what else is wrong with USB fix, since I changed all the USBConnectors to the values suggested by you.
Always testing sleep after a fresh reboot without any USB device plugged in.
Many thanks for your time.

I have all extra kexts on /Library/Extensions. Only FakeSMC is on /EFI/CLOVER...

As per guide, FakeSMC.kext should be in both places.
(all kexts you need should be installed to the system volume)

Don't really know what else is wrong with USB fix, since I changed all the USBConnectors to the values suggested by you.

No updated "Problem Reporting" files attached.
With each change, you must provide updated files.
Going from memory, your last set of files still showed an attempt to inject more than 15-ports on XHC (18 ports, if memory serves correct -- I'm not going to look at old files again)
The ones over the 15-port limit were being ignored...
Proper configuration with SSDT and USBInjectAll.kext will have the number of ports within the 15-port limit... eg. only those ports you need should be injected (with the proper UsbConnector values).

Always testing sleep after a fresh reboot without any USB device plugged in.

Make sure your ioreg represents this state when providing "Problem Reporting" files.

As per guide, FakeSMC.kext should be in both places.
(all kexts you need should be installed to the system volume)

Copied FakeSMC.kext to /L/E (now it's on kext cache).

Going from memory, your last set of files still showed an attempt to inject more than 15-ports on XHC (18 ports, if memory serves correct -- I'm not going to look at old files again)

I have 6 ports on XHC, defined via custom SSDT (SSDT-UIAC.aml) (HS01=0, HS02=0, HS03=0, HS05=255, SS01=3, SS02=3).

Attachments

• UX305.zip
    2 MB · Views: 61
I have 6 ports on XHC, defined via custom SSDT (SSDT-UIAC.aml) (HS01=0, HS02=0, HS03=0, HS05=255, SS01=3, SS02=3).

UsbConnector values are wrong.

Could you please help me to fix the wrong values for UsbConnector?
I read that external usb 2.0 ports use UsbConnector=0 and external usb 3.0 ports use UsbConnector=3.
Many thanks RehabMan.

Attachments

• UX305.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 60
Could you please help me to fix the wrong values for UsbConnector?
I read that external usb 2.0 ports use UsbConnector=0 and external usb 3.0 ports use UsbConnector=3.
Many thanks RehabMan.

As per guide, HSxx ports associated with SSxx ports (eg. USB3) should be UsbConnector=3.

Really appreciate your help, I didn't understand it that way after reading the guide! :)

Hope I fixed the USBConnectors this time. Also I'm able to use onboard audio with VoodooHDA installer. Maybe isn't the cleanest way to have audio, will need to find some updated guide about patching AppleHDA.

Laptop is performing great, just wish I can fix the freeze after entering sleep mode.

Attachments

• UX305.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
Really appreciate your help, I didn't understand it that way after reading the guide! :)

Hope I fixed the USBConnectors this time. Also I'm able to use onboard audio with VoodooHDA installer. Maybe isn't the cleanest way to have audio, will need to find some updated guide about patching AppleHDA.

Laptop is performing great, just wish I can fix the freeze after entering sleep mode.

Assuming your laptop has 2x USB3 ports and 1x USB2-only port, your XHC port configuration looks ok.
A little bit strange you have no bluetooth device though...
Note: You don't want Google Chrome hooking your USB ports (read related topic in FAQ).
The files in ACPI/origin are too old to compare against ACPI/patched (you forgot to press F4 as per "Problem Reporting").

Assuming your laptop has 2x USB3 ports and 1x USB2-only port, your XHC port configuration looks ok.

That's right, it has 2x USB3 external ports, 1x USB2 external port and 1x internal port (with webcam). Appreciate your help fixing it :)

A little bit strange you have no bluetooth device though...

In one of my tests I disabled BT through BIOS and I didn't remember to enable it back. Next "Reporting files" pack will have it enabled.

Note: You don't want Google Chrome hooking your USB ports (read related topic in FAQ).

Thanks for pointing this out, I will search for more info on how to fix this.

The files in ACPI/origin are too old to compare against ACPI/patched (you forgot to press F4 as per "Problem Reporting").

I will attach an updated "Reporting files" zip file including a fresh ACPI dump.

Thanks again and have a great time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back