Contribute
Register

ASUS ThunderboltEX II PCIe Expansion Card - Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I was just wondering if this would make my imac mid 2011 work with my PC . All i want to do is use my gtx 970 with the imac dispaly. Many thanks

Every ThunderboltEX dual or single user has sometimes relocation error problems with X99 system. They are less with OsxAptioFix modded driver (like -free2000 version or test2.efi) but once in 5 or less time we must reset the system to start with OSX.
I found that i finally solved this problem in this way:
I've OsxAptioFix-free2000 driver in my EFI\Driver64 dir and in bios i enabled "above 4gdecoding". Every time i boot my hackintosh i've no more that random allocation error. Thunderbolt runs stable under Sierra and i've no problems with my Raid hdds and with my thunderbolt audio card Focusrite Clarett 2pre (i use a ThunderboltEX II Dual card)

does anybody ever tried a thunderbolt 3 card?
ThunderboltEX 3

Yes but it's used with a thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter and with a thunderbolt device (apollo sound device). A real test is when a TB3 device will be available. Atm it works like TB2 card.
Gotcha, and I concur. If you have Thunderbolt 1 or 2 peripherals, you'd like to know if they would work with Thunderbolt 3 hackintosh. (Thunderbolt peripherals are expensive and, thus, compatibility is usually a good indicator of the interface working.) The good news is that the ThunderboltEX 3 card works. :thumbup:

Hello,

I was just wondering if this would make my imac mid 2011 work with my PC . All i want to do is use my gtx 970 with the imac dispaly. Many thanks

Hallo,

After 6 weeks of trial and error and just keep trying over and over, I finally succeeded, thanks to ' Dashingncool ' his treat, to get El Capitan dual booting with W7 on my Skylake : Asus Z170 Premium, InteCore i7/6700 and GTX750 Ti. Yet i need thunderbolt for the external soundcard (Apollo twin from UA). But thunderbolt is not working @ all ... :(!

I even tried with an additional Asus Thunderbolt EXII PCIx card. Doesn't works neighter. Even not in W7.

Any help is more than welcome. Also for the correct bios thunderbolt settings

Thx,
Sj.

anyone get the thunderbolt 2 dual to work on a z97a/usb3.1? can't get it to recognize on windows.

I am trying to make a hackintosh using the Asrock Z170 Extreme 7+, the Asus ThunderboltEX DUO, an NVMe SSD, the Intel 6700K cpu, and Intel integrated HD 530 graphics , so I can use the Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo Thunderbolt audio interface under OS X. Can you please offer me any suggestions, or files, such as a config.plist? Thank you very much for any assistance!

Just installed my ASUS ThunderboltEX DUO card on an ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ motherboard in PCIslot#3, turned on "Intel Thunderbolt" in BIOS and selected "one time stored key" instead of "legacy", and guess what:

ASUS_Thunderbolt_EX_II_DUAL.jpg

The card is visible under the Thunderbolt Options in System Information Manager and all connected Thunderbolt devices are usable (right now only Apple Thunderbolt-2-Ethernetadapter connected). Didn't have to enable it under WINDOWS first... just installed, BIOS settings selected and CLOVER-Boot right into El Capitan 10.11.6 (latest beta) - et voila: it shows in System Information as Thunderbolt-Hardware.

Used an ASRock Thunderbolt2 AIC the last weeks (also in PCIslot#3) but was never able to get recognized as Thunderbolt, evan if i could use connected Thunderbolt devices. Card was always detected as "Express Card".

PS: this card is now also visible as Thunderbolt under YOSEMITE 10.10.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back