Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming Motherboard specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so Audio doesn't seem to work, it works in Windows, so at least it's not broken. Not sure if there is anything else needed or it might require a different approach.

Try using Intel FB Patcher to inject audio id.

Gonna try that soon.

Is there any other BT/WiFi card that'd fit the module that you know of? With a tall card, the I/O shield can't be mounted.

Dell DW1560 or Dell DW1830 may be a better fit but will require kexts and maybe patches to work with macOS.

On my Z370-G, I left the "cage" that the original Wi-Fi card came in opened. I has never caused any problems for me.

Sounds good, I'll check them out the DW1830 looks interesting, it matches the BCM943602BAED

Dell DW1560 or Dell DW1830 may be a better fit but will require kexts and maybe patches to work with macOS.

On my Z370-G, I left the "cage" that the original Wi-Fi card came in opened. I has never caused any problems for me.
The problem is that in the new Z390 the I/O cage functions as VRM heatsink, so :)

I tried the FB-Patcher method, it doesn't give me any options in the dropdown though.

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 6.18.21 PM.png

The problem is that in the new Z390 the I/O cage functions as VRM heatsink, so :)

I tried the FB-Patcher method, it doesn't give me any options in the dropdown though.

View attachment 357549

Hmm... I don't know what else to try for audio...

With the intelframebuffer patcher (whatevergreen). Are you disabling audio fixes in clover dsdt section?

The HDAS to HDEF rename doesn't really matter. If it's there, it's fine. If it's not, AppleALC will do the rename for you.

The HDAS to HDEF rename doesn't really matter. If it's there, it's fine. If it's not, AppleALC will do the rename for you.

I know the guide recommends you unchecking any clover fixes but maybe it’s just for the CPU graphics portion. It’s worth trying to de if it takes.
BTW have you tried voodooHDAkext?

I know the guide recommends you unchecking any clover fixes but maybe it’s just for the CPU graphics portion. It’s worth trying to de if it takes.
BTW have you tried voodooHDAkext?

I don't have this motherboard... It's vincek8s who has it...

I totally forgot about VoodooHDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back