Contribute
Register

Asus Rampage V Extreme - Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, seems to have something wrong, may be the BIOS settings or your USB, you have the hardware almost similar to mine employee in this guide so if it works for me and others in this forum should work for you too.

Try to place your USBInstaller into a USB 2.0 port, if the installer starts, continues with the fourth step.

If you fail to even start, send me your EFI Folder you have within the USBInstaller, remember to mount the EFI partition of your USB first to copy it.

Luck.

Hi Xavi16,
I tried into a USB 2.0 but it doesn't start.
How can I send you my EFI Folder? I cannot send you a private message. If you contact me I can reply.
Just a question: What's the meaning of "mount the EFI partition of your USB first to copy it"? You are talking about the installation of EFI Clover on USB Installer or something else?
just an information: I'm using OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. Could it be a problem even if your guide is for 10.11.5?
thank you.

EDIT: No solution I have found

Last edited:
Hello, just wanted to say that I now finally are running everything and everything seems to work well, thank you for your amazing guide! really appreciate it and all help you have given me / us with this thread :D

only thing that seems to be a little buggy was the iMessage and calling from my iPhone and stuff. but I've always been thinking a little about is this safe to use, i mean, clover and all these hackintosh stuff, to use my iCloud on and use it exactly how i do on my real macbook pro? :) I don't think i need to think about that but i do a little bit hehe, but thanks for your amazing work! there should be no worries and I should using it like I would with a mac from apple? :D

I never got the audio and bluetooth to work, followed the steps you provided in the guide but still don't got them to work for some reason hmm.

Hi espennk,
I have the same problem (installation don't start and the process come back into the bios), but you don't show how you have solved.
Thank you

Hello Friend

I'm sorry you had forgotten respond so late answer, plus I've been kind of busy.

Right, I tried vectors iMac 15.1 and 14.2, both work great.

You do not need NullCPUPowerMangement.kext when cpu SSDT is responsible for loading XCPM, in addition to SSDT load the vectors you need to add SCK0 to your SSDT without this XCPM not turn on. (See inside the SSDT my guide)

You can use FakeCPUID or apply patches to the kernel as explained PikerAlpha.

You do not need KernelHaswellE or -XCPM.

I see that you know and are very observant, play a bit with the installation until the best, I wanted to update my guide but I like to do a fairly detailed guide and my style but I demand a long time, now do not have.

Sierra is already in sight,so you may direct all my attention and time to this new OS.

Let me know your results and what you've accomplished, I'll give you more imformacion soon.
Hey, thanks for the update, Xavi and don't worry about being busy. I know what you mean !!!!!!

I have not been able to boot without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. Whatever I try, my system just reboots. This happens so quickly, I cannot see where this happens.

At the moment, my system seems to be running just fine. I do not have any problems but of course I am disappointed that I cannot get my power management working exactly as it should.

As you said, perhaps Sierra will hold something interesting for all of us on X99 systems.

Hi
Show me a screenshot, and could tell me what graphics card you are using? you can update your profile with your hardware.
Hello Xavi! Thanks for the reply. I've spent a few days messing around and now am able to get OS X 10.11.6 to boot via clover on a USB stick, so progress has been made!

My current issues are:
I haven't been able to get it to boot straight from the SSD OS X is installed on. When I change in the bios to boot from SSD it just gets stuck in a reboot cycle.
When I do boot from the SSD via clover USB, OS X is quite glitchy (strange horizontal glitchy lines when opening and closing programs and windows) I've installed the latest NVIDIA web drivers (am using a gtx 970) but that hasn't helped anything, and I am unable to get the proper resolution of my monitor working (3440x1440).
WIFI currently works but ethernet & audio do not.

Great guide. But how do you change the install instructions too English? Thanks in advance for your response.

Attachments

• 20160924_173611.jpg
    20160924_173611.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 98
Great guide. But how do you change the install instructions too English? Thanks in advance for your response.
Slide the scrollbar on the right side up to the E section and you'll find it there.

Thanks for response trs96. I did as "trs96" suggested by sliding the scollbar to the E section. Only option was "Estados Unidas" (United States), but the language didn't change to English. Do I need to edit a file inside the OSX USB Installer to change the language? And if I do, what file am I looking for? Thanks for any help.

Which country is the Mac App Store in that you downloaded El Capitan from ?

Which country is the Mac App Store in that you downloaded El Capitan from ?
USA. When I make the installer with Unibeast everything is in English. I'm only getting a language other than English when I use
Xavi16 tutorial. I can redownload the app and make the usb installer again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back