Contribute
Register

Asus ProArt z790 - BIOS updates!

Hi all, continuity handoff doesn't works on my Z790 creator and my ipad Pro 2018.
My config is:
6800xt 16go
128gb ram

i have a black screen when i want share screen.
do you have this issue too?
many thanks
Sam
Not sure how to help you with this as i don't use it myself.
Although can you update your post with this info please.

BIOS:
SMBIOS:
OC:
RAM: 128gb (brand, speed and if XMP is on please).

EDIT
Wrote something about a BIOS setting but it turned out to be wrong

@Sabzz
I see you modified the file SSDT-EC-USBX-Z690.aml - what's different? If you don't mind me asking. Other than that, I think it's the same as CaseySJ's

Last edited:
How does the 5k monitor look?
I second @SmackAttack's comment: it's absolutely beautiful. With all of its defects (image retention? bad speakers? cheap camera? so-so microphone?), it's beautiful, still.
Had a Gigabyte M32u, which 'luckily' got hit by a lightning lol so I could back to the Ultrafine; now I am testing a Dough Sprectrum 4k 'glossy' (errr, let's call it semi glossy please) - there's no competition in this race. 218PPI + Glossy = heaven. Wish it were a bit faster... and had a couple inputs.

This setup also works under Windows -- although I don't think Windows is using full retina 5k natively
Sure it does work in 5k. People interested in using it under Windows/switching one day and whatnot, can use LG Ultrafine Brightness from the Microsoft Store to control its brightness.

Last edited:
EDIT
Wrote something about a BIOS setting but it turned out to be wrong

@Sabzz
I see you modified the file SSDT-EC-USBX-Z690.aml - what's different? If you don't mind me asking. Other than that, I think it's the same as CaseySJ's
Just had to open them up and compare the two, they're exactly the same. When i built the rig at the beginning of the year i took the time to generate the files off my z790 board just incase there was anything different from Caseys z690, and also to expand my hackintosh knowledge. This file was the same though.

Did you say you updated the BIOS to the later versions?

Did you say you updated the BIOS to the later versions?
Yes, if you check here and you follow the next few messages, you will see how's the situation. as I wrote at the end, I'll stick with BIOS 1501 and then report. I would like to write a couple of lines to be included in CaseySJ's thread, so that people find a guidance for (us) Z90 Creator users as well. and/or we could put a reference to this thread.

Hello, I am on last bios 1801.
Everything seems to work fine, expect for sleep under mac Os (didn't flash the ACQ enet card yet). But I got an annoying thing :
When I shut down Windows 11, and I think it's the same with mac os, The computer restart on its own, 30 second after the shutdown, something like that.... (the same with or without opencore).

So I think it's a bios thing, either the update or an option (like flexkey that do not exist in this board ?)
I disable everything under the APM configuration TAB
Some of you already experience that ?

Last edited:
Hello, I am on last bios 1801.
Hi. me too
When I shut down Windows 11, and I think it's the same with mac os, The computer restart on its own, 30 second after the shutdown, something like that....
Never happened here.
Some of you already experience that ?
I would try shutting down your computer and, while it is in the process of shutting down, disconnect ALL of the USB peripherals (could be a good idea if you keep just your mouse and keyboard, so you can disconnect just these two during shut down process). Report back. If it fixes it, we will figure out which USB peripheral is waking up your computer. Also, there's a bios setting which is "USB power during shut down" or something along this line. You could disable it before disconnecting USB cables and see if it helps.

Hi. me too

Never happened here.

I would try shutting down your computer and, while it is in the process of shutting down, disconnect ALL of the USB peripherals (could be a good idea if you keep just your mouse and keyboard, so you can disconnect just these two during shut down process). Report back. If it fixes it, we will figure out which USB peripheral is waking up your computer. Also, there's a bios setting which is "USB power during shut down" or something along this line. You could disable it before disconnecting USB cables and see if it helps.
But don't you got the z690 ?
I have a few things to try yes, will do that tomorrow. I hope, will add the usb thing on my list.

Not an usb issue, it was the power managment from the oneboard intel nic.
The leds of the plug were still on after shut down, disabled in widnows then all good.
Sleep work after AQC113 firmware upate.
With the V2 SSDt from CaseySJ, TB hotplug work great even after sleep !

Back